Benchmark Goals and Damage Tests. Designing an AoS Gauntlet!

Hi all!

I was talking to another poster about maths in age of sigmar, specifically on the point of math hammer and comparisons between units. I personally don't find the comparisons too helpful in many regards and its easy to miss out that each army has different strengths and weaknesses and a unit that might be awesome in one army might be deeply mediocre in a different army. Basically any of the Soulblight horde tarpit units would be amazing in a gun line army for example. One thing where comparisons are useful though? In actual head to head matchups that might happen on the table top. So, your prize hammer unit, what does it expect to do when it charges into a unit of chaos warriors or knights with the mark of nurgle and the eroding icon? Equally, your tanky unit, how well does it take being slammed into by a reinforced unit of boingrots? 

Woehammer had these armies as the armies you might want to have a plan for encountering in a GT, which units or combinations do people think would be interesting to look at?

• Slaves to Darkness
  • Stormcast Eternals
  • Hedonites of Slaanesh
  • Blades of Khorne
  • Gloomspite Gitz
  • Kharadron Overlords

One thing I see all the time is people cursing their luck for rolling low, when they needed extreme luck to get the output they wanted. 

Beyond the specific, are there any useful general profiles that we can use? On the offense it seems like the standard hero profile these days is 5 attacks at 3+/3+/-1/2 shared by a lot of profiles. Defensively there is the 2 wound, 3+ save that in 40k would be called an MEQ (Marine Equivalent).

What do you think belongs in the gauntlet your army needs to run through regularly?