Ward save bonuses

TechnoVampire

Question

Hi, 

Quick question about ward save rolls and bonuses provided to them. 

if you have multiple abilities providing a bonus to ward save rolls do they stack? 

the example I’m looking at is SBGL grave-sand shard: “once/game add 1 to rolls for deathless minions”

and 

Death magic incarnate: “… add 1 to ward rolls for that unit until the end of that phase” 

??

(thanks) 

2 answers to this question

They stack.

Under Dice Roll Modifiers, the info box says "In most cases, modifiers are cumulative. However, some dice rolls, such as hit and wound rolls, will specify that the roll cannot be modified by more than +1 or -1." If you then look at the ward section, it does not specify that the ward can only be modified by +1 or -1, so ward modifiers stack.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dogmantra said:

They stack.

Under Dice Roll Modifiers, the info box says "In most cases, modifiers are cumulative. However, some dice rolls, such as hit and wound rolls, will specify that the roll cannot be modified by more than +1 or -1." If you then look at the ward section, it does not specify that the ward can only be modified by +1 or -1, so ward modifiers stack.

That’s really helpful.

I thought they did as I was sure I had read that, but couldn’t find it. 

it confirms my artefact choice in my nagash list 😊

Thanks for helping!