Cursed city journey end

CDM

Question

I have always played this as 

When I make the extract action it opens the gateway, I place the tile down and then all of my alive group heads there and  just get in. Feels thematic.

Had a situation today where I though my god it's getting hard at level 5 at night all the time, I barely moved my group out of the corner they started in let alone make it up to the opposite side of board. I had Galurio dead, Jelsen and Cleona had made it to the extraction tile but Octren was about to get ate by 6 Ulfenwatch and only 2 wounds/hits left.

Then I realised, nowhere in the rulebook or questbook does it say when a journey ends. It tells you of victory conditions when the journey ends to be successful or not. It tells you want to do when you make the extract action. I can't find anything that says the journey ends when ......?

I think because I watched videos how to play first it made sense to follow what they were doing and didn't give it any thought, over the year I've noticed more and more that the playthroughs on YouTube tend to be wrong on lots of things.

Normally I would just house rule or find my own interpretation but I just can't make my mind up! I could now see it from both side of the argument. I've had great last minute escapes into that extract tile, and it's very thematic, but it is adding a good chunk of time on to finish the mission just by wading over there now I'm at level 5 and after AoS be met the victory conditions. 

In the flip side it seems a bit cheeky to just get one character to make the extract action and the game stops, but this would save time on that bit I've been doing. Can also justify thematically as one character throwing the flares down, the adamant rolls in, it hovers above as Holdenstocks Arkanaughts rappel down and clear the area as the heroes stumble into the ship. 

What's your guys thoughts. Have you saw the definitive wording to when a journey actually ends?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet