Woods in AOS

Aphotic

Question

I feel like after 2 years of AOS 3.0, we would have the rules down on terrain. But it seems to me people are just not playing the woods/forest rules right. Perhaps I am wrong?

image.png.e7f95d12cb3f7748de72ce0d4bdd35b4.png

The rules seem super clear. All woods/forests are treated as wyldwoods, and all of them have a specific rule for blocking LOS.

Frankly, I don't see anyone play this way. Am I wrong?

1 answer to this question

This is how its supposed to be played, but my experience is that most tend to forget about it. Also the wyldwood warscroll was updated approx SIX times during 2nd and 3rd edition so many folks just don't bother with it anymore. 

The forests footprint is quite small so getting a unit to have 3" between it is usually just not worth the effort unless you are A) a small unit that is trying to hide or B) the forest is literally on an objective. 

In my experience most shooty units either ignore LOS, have 10+ wounds so can ignore it, or are fast enough to position to a different angle where 3" isn't between you and them.