Hallowed Knights stormhost ability + Blaze of glory

Dukeus

Question

8 answers to this question

14 hours ago, Dogmantra said:

The Hallowed Knights bonus only allows you to fight, not to pile in first.

There is a FAQ about that:

Q: If an ability allows a unit to ‘fight’, does that mean it can pile in and attack or just attack?
A: It can pile in and attack (core rules, 12.1.1).

You can Pile In and Attack, and then Blaze of Glory

Note: That doesn't mean that a free Pile In move will always be followed by an Attack (eg: Mighty Destroyer-Ironjawz).

• Like 2

1.6.2 SIMULTANEOUS EFFECTS
If the effects of two or more abilities would be applied at the same time in a turn, the player whose turn is taking place applies the effects of their
abilities first, one at a time, in the order they desire. Their opponent then does the same.

You can chose wich effect is applied first, and then move to the other one.

But remember that's only for abilities with the same timming (e.g: when it's slain...), for effects that triggers in the same dice roll (e.g: on an unmodified hit roll of 6), you must chose wich one are you going to use in that dice roll.

• Like 1

Hi thanks for the replies. 

In my last game the opponents Monster attacked the flank of my 5 vindictors and killed them all. Only one model was in range (1 Inch) for Blaze of Glory.

So i can try to get closer with the Hallowed Knights Bonus first. Pile in and Fight? Could have gotten more Models into Blaze of Glory range with this method.

7 hours ago, Beliman said:

There is a FAQ about that:

You can Pile In and Attack, and then Blaze of Glory

Note: That doesn't mean that a free Pile In move will always be followed by an Attack (eg: Mighty Destroyer-Ironjawz).

Oh dang! I remembered there being an FAQ but was so sure it was the other way around I didn't check. That's hubris for ya.

• Like 2