Loreseeker uniqueness necessary?

King Dust

I was theorycrafting a list with multiple Loreseekers (and a bunch of Bladelords) the other day. I'm quite aware that such a list is illegal since Loreseekers have the "unique" keyword, but it got me to wondering how necessary that is.

What do you think? Would we start seeing 6 Loreseeker lists if that keyword were removed? Or would it be fine?

• Confused 1

Would you? Yes. Would they be any good? No.

Would a list with two or three be annoying as hell to play? For some armies (mostly lower tier ones that already get stomped by LRL) yeah. In an army full of NPE and "no you can't do that" multiple loreseekers could make it so armies whose only chance against LRL is playing the objectives can't even do that. 

Like much of the LRL army, he suffers from writers with too little self control  just piling too much into him. Maybe if he didn't get a pregame deploy literally anywhere outside of 3" of enemies. Or didn't autotake an objective he deployed next to (provided no enemies). 

The unique tag was the lazy alternative to just pruning his stupidly written scroll.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Eh... I think you would see lists with 1-2 a lot more.  Their warscroll (even without the objective & deep strike abilities) are one of the better heroes that lumineth could use.  Being able to hold an objective if you get their first is very strong in general.  While other A+ tier armies would be able to deal with this just fine with all their various flavors of nonsense, other "normal" armies, and ALL the armies with the least GW attention would be at immediate disadvantages, especially considering you would also see squads of ablative Blademasters a lot more to protect the Loreseekers, as it is one of the only tools to defend scinari foot heroes the lumineth has outside of screening.

Personally I think the abilities should be toned down.  I would remove the "deep strike", forcing you to deploy the Loreseeker in a different way if you wanted to get to an objective first to claim it.  Speed of Hysh, Transporting Vortex, Soulscream Bridge... there are plenty of options for movement, even inside the Lumineth book, it would just not be all self contained, and guaranteed on turn one.  I agree with BadDice, that I think the Unique tag was put here because someone didn't feel like rewriting the warscroll in a more balanced way.  So now we don't get Command Traits or Artifacts on one of the cooler styles of hero, one who is famous for collecting Artifacts, lol.  And it never gets used.

• Like 2