Tomb Kings 2500pt Legion

Hunchkrot

New to the forums, but I've been trying to hone my Tomb Kings list down to really represent Death locally. It's done pretty well, but I'm interested in any opinions to step it up!

Tomb Legion-80
30 Spearmen-240
30 Spearmen-240
20 Archers-200
20 Archers-200
15 Tomb Guard (Halberds)-240
6 Chariots-280
Tomb King-100
Liche Priest-120

Settra-360
Necrotect-100
Screaming Skull Catapult-100

totals out to 2,460, because I think 40pts under is the best point to land a sweet triumph without losing too much value.

(Tomb Legion grants exploding attacks on a 6+ to wound while within 18" of the King, and a 6+ Ward save while within 18" of the Priest for those who don't know.)

As it stands right now if I have the King and Settra buff the same unit with their command abilities (which is generally very easy) while the Priest gives them exploding attacks, then the Guard will hit on 2+ with 4+ creating new attacks, and will wound on 2+, with 5+ dealing double damage as well as creating a new attack. In summary, with very little left to chance, any melee unit from the legion can become a complete house in melee. Between Guard, Chariots, and Spearmen, I feel like I'm pretty set on melee capabilities, so I wanted to use the rest of my points on some ranged and high-rend damage, hence the three catapults (who fire twice if within 1" of the necrotect, which they will be). Mostly I'm curious about the Chariots and the Guard, I think. Are they the proper amount? Are NecroKnights a better pick? What do you think I can do to make this a better list?

Archived