Slaanesh Invaders Generals and Battleline

JackOfBlades

Question

The Invaders battle trait says "your army can have up to 3 generals instead of 1. Only 1 of your generals can have a command trait ...". And the myrmidesh painbringers and symbaresh twinsouls warscrolls say that theyre "Battleline if general is a Lord of Pain". This means you can take painbringers and twinsouls as battleline as long as a lord of pain is one of those 3 generals, even if you give the command trait to a different one, right?

3 answers to this question

Correct. The only stipulation for a Conditional Battleline unit to become Battleline is the General is as listed. 

In this case the General is a Lord of Pain. While others may also be Generals, it has no bearing on the requirements. You have a Lord of Pain who is a General; therefore the condition is met and Painbringers and Twinsouls are now Battleline in that list. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Lurynsar said:

Correct. The only stipulation for a Conditional Battleline unit to become Battleline is the General is as listed. 

In this case the General is a Lord of Pain. While others may also be Generals, it has no bearing on the requirements. You have a Lord of Pain who is a General; therefore the condition is met and Painbringers and Twinsouls are now Battleline in that list. 

Great! On the warscroll builder you have to make the LoP the "primary" general for the myrmidesh and symbaresh to start registering as battleline, if you use the "host option: general (invaders)" it doesnt count them. So that's why i second guessed whether that's intentional or (as the case turns out to be) just an oversight in the warscroll builder.

14 hours ago, JackOfBlades said:

Great! On the warscroll builder you have to make the LoP the "primary" general for the myrmidesh and symbaresh to start registering as battleline, if you use the "host option: general (invaders)" it doesnt count them. So that's why i second guessed whether that's intentional or (as the case turns out to be) just an oversight in the warscroll builder.

I mean GW has done things where the rules and what they intend are different. However I cannot see anything actually written that lays out a General isn’t a General when selected to be a General for another cause/rule. 

I suppose though it doesn’t actually matter in the app. You could select the Lord of Pain as “the” General; then add two additional Generals. Those Generals are able to be take the Command Trait as far as I can tell (one of them) and any Hero can take the Artifact. So it’s likely just a coding thing to make it work that way with conditional Battleline.