Core Battalions rules question

Rahatlin

Question

So I am quite confused with assigning units to battalions.

In Core rules we can read: 

"Ussually A unit can only belong to one battalion. However some very large battalions include other smaller battalions. In this case it is possible for a Unit to belong to two different battalions at the same time"

So does it mean that for example:

I have 3 different leaders, all of them wound 5. And two simple units (not artilerry or behemoths)

Can they be in Battle Regiment, Warlord and Command entourage? 

Tehnicly they fullfill all requirements

Text from Core rules dosnt make much sense for me and i dont know what to make of it :/

3 answers to this question

So the issue you’re having is that Battalions covers two types of Battalions. Core Battalions designed for Matched Play and Warscroll Battalions that are now in other types of play. 

Some Warscroll Battalions are made up of several other Warscroll Battalions, but this has nothing to do with Core Battalions. 

Core Battalions tell you exactly what fits in them. And you cannot use a model in more than one. 

So a Hero with 5 Wounds can be selected to be a Commander or Sub-Commander of any single Core Battalion. But not multiple, and each goes to the Core Battalion of your choice that you’ve selected for the list (remember you have to fill the minimum requirements of each you choose to use)

46 minutes ago, Lurynsar said:

So the issue you’re having is that Battalions covers two types of Battalions. Core Battalions designed for Matched Play and Warscroll Battalions that are now in other types of play. 

Some Warscroll Battalions are made up of several other Warscroll Battalions, but this has nothing to do with Core Battalions. 

Core Battalions tell you exactly what fits in them. And you cannot use a model in more than one. 

So a Hero with 5 Wounds can be selected to be a Commander or Sub-Commander of any single Core Battalion. But not multiple, and each goes to the Core Battalion of your choice that you’ve selected for the list (remember you have to fill the minimum requirements of each you choose to use)

Understood. I saw army builder in app working as you described but i wasnt sure if it was a bug or not when reading the rules.

Thank you