1000 points list help

Zombie Joe

Hey there everyone. 

I'm relatively new to Sigmar and would like your thoughts on my 1000 points list. 

Wight King with Tomb Blade.

Necromancer

Neferata

20 skeletons with spears

20 skeletons with swords

I'm a bit unsure as to who I should make my general, either the Wight King or Neferata. I'm leaning towards Neferata as her command ability is great. 

Also, is it better to run the skeletons the way I have them, or would one unit of 30 (spears) and one of 10 (swords) be better?

Any other tips would be appreciated too.

Thanks for any help

Hi,

Really basic list, i would add some form of disruption to your force, your really lacking a big punch/ Flanker.
Once the opponent has dealt with your Nefarata, the rest is kind off easy to kill off. I would like to see some spirits probably,

as you have a great caster and can set up in the flanks and try to deal some mortal wounds, mixed with mystic shield, unrendable 3+ saves are pretty good IMO. 

Furthermore, i would probably cut the necromancer and 1 unit of spears to make room for something like above, or something u like in general.

Great choice of starting off though. 

Good luck

Thanks very much Greven. 

I'll be playing mainly Pitched Battles so I'll be confined to having two battleline units. 

I do like the Spirits and will definitely be adding them to my force when we go up in points.

Also, if it helps, I'm mainly playing against Sylvaneth so taking care of that pesky Durthu is high on my priorities

I like the list, tho Greven has good points.

Personally, I would take a Vamp Lord instead of the Wight King and make him your general. With a 5++ RotN save he makes up for the defense bonus of the WK while providing an excellent Command trait to complement VanHel's. Throw both powers on one unit of skellies and watch the fur fly!

And on that note I would make the skeletons 30/10 as well. In my mind it is better to have one better unit that hits harder and an objective-camping redshirt squad than two watered-down units.

1 hour ago, Undead4Life said:

I like the list, tho Greven has good points.

Personally, I would take a Vamp Lord instead of the Wight King and make him your general. With a 5++ RotN save he makes up for the defense bonus of the WK while providing an excellent Command trait to complement VanHel's. Throw both powers on one unit of skellies and watch the fur fly!

Excuse my ignorance but who's VanHel?

10 minutes ago, Nico said:

Vanhel's Danse Macabre is the Necromancer's amazing spell.

Thanks Nico, I hadn't really noticed the "vanhel's". I just knew it as Danse Macabre. 

That sounds pretty sweet. Having the +1 to hit for the skeletons since a hero is near, then the extra pilein from the necromancer, then the extra attack from the vampire.

I wonder would that be enough to make a significant dent in Durthu. 

10 minutes ago, Nico said:

Not if he's rocking the 2+ save with the Briarsheath artefact.

Ugh. He's such a horrible unit to fight against. That sword he has that does 6 damage is so scary. 

Nico, have you had much experience in dealing with Durthu? Arcane Bolt seems the obvious way to try to knock his sword down to D6 damage. Any other cunning strategies?

If you weren't taking Neferata as general, then chaffing him up with a big unit of Zombies, Skeletons or Ghouls with a 5+ ward save from Ruler of the Night would stop him marauding about for a few turns.

In terms of specific hard counters - a Necrosphinx (hard to come by now) or Spirit Hosts (mortal wounds) are good options. Spells can chip away too, but will be out of range turn one, so he might teleport through the woods and come smash face.

26 minutes ago, Nico said:

A Mourngul would also do the job.

Oh yeah, cool. If I switched Neferata for the Mourgul and switch the King for a Vamp. I would still have two wizards then, which I like. And I'd have some good synergy between the necro, the vampire and the skelingtons. 

Thanks for all the ideas, I appreciate it. 

Archived