I have another crazy army idea.  We all now how amazing the jotenberg was in balance of power, why not make an army around that idea? I really love this army idea, but need ideas. Opinion is welcome!

I got the beast claw raider book(buying all battle tome for fluff/collection/art). I love the rules, but I dislike the ogres model in general. Then, I was thinking, why not make up an army of golems, like the jotenberg. I would be using beast claw rule, so their already a low models count, perfect for conversions. The models are easy enough to make from scratch(basically wire frame, rocks body, terrain on top with riders). I can also buy the puppets war stone golem, and convert it as well. I have two ideas, both with concept pics. Thoughts welcome.  

Idea one: Graveyard golem. AKA Working the night shift.  
Simply a walking graveyard. The golems have tombstone on them, bones are scatter though out the models, a tree/roots grow out of them on some models. I could add necromancer(geomancer) as the puppeteer, and spirit host to depict a thunder tusk. The stone horn can have a wight or wraith and some skeleton or spirits host bursting out of the back of the golem. mourn fangs are giant statues/tombstones coming to life, yielding weapons. The garden of morr set could help with terrain. The sabers can be dire wolves, while yeti/hunters are werewolves(forge world skin wolves). This idea is the cheaper of the two ideas, easier to paint, and easier to pull off.  

Idea two: Coral Golem, AKA moving shipwrecks
I have a thing for underwater armies(GW, where are my fish people army?) These golem are a combination of coral(from pet stores, and sculpted), shipwrecks, sea shells, and marine life. They will have mermaid riders(can not find decent mermaid minis). I can add a large number of marine life to the models/bases, also bones everywhere from those souls lost at sea. Mournfangs are smaller reef golems/ship wrecks.  Overall, This will be harder(maybe) to create, more time to sculpt, but a lot more colorful palette.  

Thoughts, and thank for reading.  concept art below:roman-tishenin-26.jpgreefgolem.jpg

Archived