Subfactions without 'Forced' Command Traits and Artefacts

KrispyXIV

Question

So, the 3E core rules cover subfaction's with required Command Traits and Artefacts pretty clearly.  I'm less clear on subfactions with a list of associated Traits/Artefacts.  

For subfactions that include a list of Command Traits and Artefacts that are not listed as required, can these be ignored for your first Traits/Artefact in favor of Universals?  

A specific example I'm thinking of is Godseekers for Slaanesh.  I feel like you should be able to just take your first Trait/Artefact from the Universal/General lists.  The reason for this may be that the associated Traits/Artefacts are not listed as "additional Allegiance abilities" as described in 27.4.

Do I have this understood correctly?

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

16 hours ago, KrispyXIV said:

So, the 3E core rules cover subfaction's with required Command Traits and Artefacts pretty clearly.  I'm less clear on subfactions with a list of associated Traits/Artefacts.  

For subfactions that include a list of Command Traits and Artefacts that are not listed as required, can these be ignored for your first Traits/Artefact in favor of Universals?  

A specific example I'm thinking of is Godseekers for Slaanesh.  I feel like you should be able to just take your first Trait/Artefact from the Universal/General lists.  The reason for this may be that the associated Traits/Artefacts are not listed as "additional Allegiance abilities" as described in 27.4.

Do I have this understood correctly?

Thanks.

Yes, I believe so. Only if you make a choice to upgrade it further to Scarlet Cavalcade, then you will be forced to use certain traits/artefacts.

• Like 1