Flesh Eater newbie!

MarkyMark

Hey guys, Once upon a time fantasy player here some south east guys might remember me!.  Mainly played daemons and warriors but did switch to Vampire counts then saw it all change....  I sold everything (and by everything it was a fair whack) before AOS dropped mainly for other reasons but now decided to get back into it.  Been playing WMH for a while and fancied something more relaxing and AOS was picking up speed plus I have just re read the End times books (damn GW and their fluff) and that was really dragging me in so here I am!.

Anyways, I grabbed 4 boxes of the starter kits (2 flesh eaters, 2 skeletons) plus a job lot of TK skeelton warriors (prefered them over VC ones, now not so sure) and a wight king, then started reading into it and trying to do lists and decided to go for Flesh eaters so grabbed the King Valgosh......(whatever it is) box set and to be honest I am pretty set for a while!.

I havent seen any FEC tourney armies yet (perhaps i should, I have seen baddice have a page just for that), just built what I wanted to use and of course what works well together and this is what I've come up with (at 2kpts)

Loving the synergy of the FEC lists, in other words nearly everything bar the kings get re rolls on everything, I like to brick up slightly and use the buffs and resilience and returning models to play hence why I have gone for ruler of the night (over red fury) to give most things a 5+, what I did do in last game was throw a unit of crypt horrors up with unholy vitialy, within range of the general and courtier and vargulf and said to ironjaws, do your worst.... it wasnt enough and they went back to full strength (luckily no double turn from them).

So heres to it, any opinions?

GKOT, cloak of mists and shadows (not sure on this one, anything better?)

GKOD, General, ruler of the night and ring of immortality

Crypt Haunter Courtier

Vargulf

10 Ghouls

10 Ghouls

10 Ghouls

6 Crypt Horrors

6 Crypt Horrors

Abattoir

I would put the ghouls into one unit of 30 and make the crypt haunter cortier the general. The ghouls work far better on groups of 30. Give the general the 5+ word save you want and maybe the ring of immortality. Then give the AGKoTG the second item (as you have a formation you are allowed 2) and make it also a ring of immortality. Don't think there is anything I the rules about it not being allowed. Charge the sacrificial AGKoTG in and let him explode and come back as the rest of your army marches across the field to floss their teeth with the glorious bounty that Nagash has given them, eternal glory be to his name.

9 hours ago, WillofNagash said:

I would put the ghouls into one unit of 30 and make the crypt haunter cortier the general. The ghouls work far better on groups of 30. Give the general the 5+ word save you want and maybe the ring of immortality. Then give the AGKoTG the second item (as you have a formation you are allowed 2) and make it also a ring of immortality. Don't think there is anything I the rules about it not being allowed. Charge the sacrificial AGKoTG in and let him explode and come back as the rest of your army marches across the field to floss their teeth with the glorious bounty that Nagash has given them, eternal glory be to his name.

I second all of this but also consider giving the Courtier the tomb blade as he can hit pretty hard and that means you can put him into combat and have him heal up pretty well. 

Archived