2000 points Mixed Gutbusters/Moonclan List Help

swiftmus

Hi all,

I've been painting up some ogres I bought off ebay and dug out my Skull Pass goblins. I'd like to aim for a 2000 point list using as many of the models I own as possible.

So far I have come up with the following which would require only that I buy a second Spear Chukka:

Tyrant (160)
Butcher (140)
Butcher (140)
Moonclan Shaman (60)

6 Ogors (2 hand weapons) (240)
20 Moonclan Grots w/ bows (120)
40 Moonclan Grots w/spears and some nets (240)
--> 2 Fanatics (60)

3 Leadbelchers (160)
6 Ironguts (440)
Spear Chukka (120)
Spear Chukka (120)

2000 points exactly.

Changes I can make using models I already own: I have 10 spider riders, a Thundertusk and a Gorger. 

Help appreciated!

Would it be viable to replace the Tyrant and cut something else to have the Thundertusk as my general (having a grumble with my Tyrant as I dropped it and bits fell off >_<)? Is the Huskard a decent choice or would it be best to try and cut out enough for the Frostlord?

I think your list looks good. Moon clan can be a great ally for ogres. However, huskard on thundertusk isn't great outside of multiple beast claw monsters. A base thundertusk could be great though. 

I also think you are super magic heavy, and heavy hitting lite. You definitely can tie enemies up but I think you need more strength units. 

Thanks for the feedback, I did wonder whether I had too much magic (what with the rule of 1 and all).

If I remove the spear chukkas and a wizard I can make either of the following lists:

List 1

Tyrant (160)
Butcher (140)
Butcher (140)
Moonclan Shaman (60)

--> 3 Fanatics (90)

3 Leadbelchers (160)
6 Ironguts (440)
Mournfang Pack (the models I have are musician and champion) (200)

1990 points total

List 2

Tyrant (160)
Butcher (140)
Moonclan Shaman (60)

--> 4 Fanatics (120)

3 Leadbelchers (160)
6 Ironguts (440)
Thundertusk Beastriders (320)

2000 Points Total

10 hours ago, swiftmus said:

Thanks for the feedback, I did wonder whether I had too much magic (what with the rule of 1 and all).

If I remove the spear chukkas and a wizard I can make either of the following lists:

List 1

Tyrant (160)
Butcher (140)
Butcher (140)
Moonclan Shaman (60)

--> 3 Fanatics (90)

3 Leadbelchers (160)
6 Ironguts (440)
Mournfang Pack (the models I have are musician and champion) (200)

1990 points total

List 2

Tyrant (160)
Butcher (140)
Moonclan Shaman (60)

--> 4 Fanatics (120)

3 Leadbelchers (160)
6 Ironguts (440)
Thundertusk Beastriders (320)

2000 Points Total

I like list 2 better. If you drop the leadbelchers and a fanatic or 2 you can then bring the Mournfang which I think would help round out this list. 

I already painted the Leadbelchers but I can see where you're coming from, they do seem to be a pretty weak part of the list especially as a unit of 3. I imagine they're much better when they can fill battleline slots for a pure Gutbusters force. So I'll go with list 2, 2 different wizards to play with (and 2 unique spells I can cast on the same turn), drop fanatics back to 2 then I can use the mournfang and the T-tusk.

8 minutes ago, swiftmus said:

I already painted the Leadbelchers but I can see where you're coming from, they do seem to be a pretty weak part of the list especially as a unit of 3. I imagine they're much better when they can fill battleline slots for a pure Gutbusters force. So I'll go with list 2, 2 different wizards to play with (and 2 unique spells I can cast on the same turn), drop fanatics back to 2 then I can use the mournfang and the T-tusk.

If it makes you feel any better I have 12 nicely painted leadbelchers that I can't ever justify outside of a pure gutbusters list.

They are just too short ranged to be good shooters and lose out to regular ogors in CC especially for the cost.

Archived