New death player here!

Astroth

Hi! Just started this game and i am in the middle of the assembly process.

What i got.

Nagash

1 necromancer 

30 skeleton warrirors 

10 black knights 

3 spirit hosts

Neferata

2 morgaists

The mortis engine  (not built  so i might make it the throne if its better)

Corpse cart.

Is it possible to have a "good" list without spamming the same units over and over? All the lists ive seen is spamming alot.

I got into this game for the models so i would love to play with alot of different units :)

It is definitely possible to have a good list without being too spammy. However with the GHB requirement for battleline units it does tend to favour spamming multiple units of the same type as your characters tend to have subfaction specific buffs. 

Yeah i get the battle line beeing the same (i kinda like the idea of 30 skeletons marching over the board as well. :)

I just don`t want to be forced to take the same 2-3 units over and over again to be some what competitive.

I just started 2 months ago with a similar death army. I really like the skeletons models so iam more focused on deathrattle. At the moment I dont like matched play with the undeath since you have to take 3 units of skellies, which only work in big units. Imo the only way to play matched games is to include the tombking warscrolls. This is quite hard as a new player since the models are out of production... So I decided to only do free play or scenario games with my undeath and eagerly wait for a proper death release.....

6 hours ago, Astroth said:

You definitely want to build a Mortis Engine. That thing is just so amazing. It takes some practice to learn to use it right, but the amount of awesome it brings for the moderate points cost is flat out great. The Coven Throne, on the other hand, doesn't really do much as all that ytou can't do better with other (often cheaper) units.

13 hours ago, Astroth said:

Nagash

1 necromancer 

30 skeleton warrirors 

10 black knights 

3 spirit hosts

Neferata

2 morgaists

Corpse cart.

You defiantly have the makings of a good list there. 

Few things

- Mortis engine v throne - personal preference all round. I love the throne  especially with Nagash as he can cast their spell giving him some protection against the big hitters.

- Nagash and Neferata - used to be the power couple and I ran them for a good while. Under GHB she is just too pricey and I feel you just don't get enough army after those two (plus rules of 1 stop spamming her spell)

- battle line - can do skelly, zombie and ghoul for variety if you don't want to duplicate as these are all generic death options. 

Hope this helps somewhat

Archived