Stormcast list for a new player

StarDog

Hi everybody I am very new to AoS only started collecting a few weeks ago but I absolutely love it. I have bought a few boxes just to paint more than anything. I think am ready now to pick an army to build up and start playing. Does anybody have a stormcast army list that wouldn’t be too hard for new player to learn while being a decent list at the same time. Any help would be really appreciated thank you 

• Like 2

there's tons of options for you to start a new army.

Here's two of them basing on the boxes we have at our diposal:

OPTION 1:

You can start a sacro sanct type army, buy yourself two  "souls war" starter sets and you'll get a solid base for very cheap price.

You can find used miniatures pretty much everywhere on the web and build something nice and fun for each turn of the game (hero phase and some magic tricks, shooting with the ballista and a solid melee core for the combat phase).
I think you can have the stormcast part of the set of about 50 euros which would end up having an entire army for 100 euros, you can buy these two boxes and sell the ghosts to someone else or even share it with a friends who want s to play nighthaunt army, get yourself a lord castellant to go with it and you'll have a list like this.

At 1000pts you can have something like this:

Lord arcanum on gryph charger
lord castellant
15 sequitors (one unit of 10 and one of 5)
5 evocators
1 ballista

with this you'll get an initiation to magical phase and some of the best melee units we have right now. The core of 10 sequitors buffed with the castellant is something really solid and the evocators are no joke as well if you manage to protect them until they get in close combat, the ballista is not something very OP alone like this but it is in the box so why not play it and enjoy a little bit of shooting support.

OPTION 2:

Buy yourself a vanguard brotherhood box, you'll have some the most powerful shooting stuff and in my opinion some of the best looking stormcast models.
The box itself is 130 euros and by buying a knight venator you could end up with an army list like this:

Lord aquilor
Knight venator

2X5 hunter
3 aetherwing
6 gryph-hounds
3 palladors
3 raptors longstrikes

The list offers you a very strong shooting phase and some very nice movements tricks (the lord aquilor can TP units arround and is also a decent fighter itself, the hunters can TP closer to enemies if they are close from the table's edges and aetherwings as well as gryph-hounds have some movement rules that mekes them the best units to cover your backline).

This list is probably a bit more expensive than the first one, you'll have to get the big vanguard box and the knight venator for a total of 160 euros on average but you'll have fun with a very guerilla style army.

The two lists that i gave you right there are average i'd say, most of the units are good and some combos will be powerfull enough to help you in any situations (castellant/10 sequitors is very good at 1000pts and the 3 longstrikes/venators deals enough shooting damages to kill some scary monsters your army does not want to fight).

I hope it helps, have a great day!