Stonehorn vs Rotaxes

the hatchetboy

Question

If Orghotts Demonspew with his Rotaxes attacks a Stonehorn with Stone Skeleton, and does 21 damage, he then rolls at the end of the turn to make an extra mortal wound.  What order do the wounds get applied?  Does the Stonehorn take 21 damage, halved (i.e. 11 wounds) then another mortal wound which kills it, or does it take 22 damage in total, halved, which leaves it on 1 wound remaining?

This came up in a game the other day.  We played it that the wounds were added together but re-reading it I'm not sure that's the correct answer, as the rotaxes proc after the model has taken wounds.

3 answers to this question

It takes 21 'normal' damage. This is halved, rounding up in the allocation part of the attacking phase to 11.

At the end of the combat phase - I.e. after all attacks completed by both sides - if the Stonehorn is still alive, you roll for rotaxes, and on a 4+ Stonehorn will take a Mortal Wound, which is unaffected by the Stonehorn's ability as you always round up.

The Stonehorn's ability comes into play after each unit completes its attacks, it doesn't total damage across a whole combat phase.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Archived