Duardin vs. SExtermis flyers-2K MP

Veterannoob

We had a game where I was using my partially re-based duardin for the first time in AoS and requested to play vs. a really nice chap with a nasty list so I could see it in action and experience what would probably be one of the worst match-ups for this army, to learn. And I did. :) 

Scenario 6: Sky falling one, comets and the whatnot

2K-ish points

played at GW store, many models still in storage so realized my army had many non-GW minis in it and to be respectful changed the list, dropped the duardin war throng formation and added more. Technically this is my first allied game in 22 years of wargaming as it had dispossed, ironweld and dwarfs (what a lame combo to pop my allied cherry on, oh well.) He had 3 units of prosecutors, 3 units of fulminators (?), lord on a suavely painted stardrake and 10 liberators what to teleport with the prosecutors and smash.

I tried to keep the area behind my artillery full so no footprint could come down (played m2m) but my dwarven stubbornness prevailed and we went towards a fight. Liberator tied up artillery crew and did damage but eventually dug them out. His speed meant I had no chance of meeting him on my terms and I (ugh, can't believe I'm saying this, but...castled *spit* in the corner so I wasn't completely enveloped in turn 1 and destroyed. I found the duardin lack options and good hero abilities on par with other armies, not only new AoS releases.  Was a good learning experience and longbeards are the way to go for me to keep perhaps smaller contained bubbles of a hero king and lonbeards to buff so to overlap other bubbles and buff more units or fill in the gap when the line is broken. Hope that makes some sense.

I lost but it was a brutal game. Enjoy some pics!

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4875.jpg

IMG_4876.jpg

IMG_4877.jpg

IMG_4878.jpg

IMG_4879.jpg

IMG_4880.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

IMG_4882.jpg

IMG_4883.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

thanks, I would have had more thunderers in 20 to start, and a 20-30 man warrior block (had  OOP Avatars of War in caseo.O) and only had 1 bomber and 1 copter (in storage is rest: more models, war machines, bomber, characters, 5 more copters). For next time I have two lists to try:

Ungrim Ironfist combaty army with thunderers and war machine back up

or all flyers, 2 organ guns, 2 flame cannons, grudge thrower

1-2 miners

2 runelords

2 engineers

2 kings to command bubble "formtaions" of longbeards buffing an elites with shooting back-up.

Archived