How to use the Screaming Bell

hobgoblinclub

I'm confused about the purpose of the screaming bell. It's poor in combat and the randomly tolling bell means it's hit and miss at everything else. 

Under SCGT pools it's the same price as the plague furnace.  The furnace has hitting power and can buff your units. I really don't see why anyone would bother with the bell. 

Anyone had success with it? How have you done it? Thanks in advance! 

I've been looking into uses for this in a list as I really want to paint the model. The main problem is its cost compared to over units with similar combat power and spell power. Hopefully in the next updates we'll see it come down a bit and make it a more appealing option. Its not like in 8th where you build your army around it, although it may still require some points investment to get the most out of it.

Personally haven't had much luck with it either.  I'd be curious to see if anyone does have something pop up for them that makes a good build.  I agree with your point that the Furnace is much more useful in AoS.

I will say, though, that Cracks Call is awesome as a spell, especially against everyone's favorite boys in gold.  Dunno if that is enough reason to take it over a Furnace, but hey - its something.

Archived