New Slaves ro darkness player questions

SoSoCho

Hello,

I am about to start me StD (tihi) collection. Im thinking of making a 2000-2500p army. I currently have:

25 Chaos warriors

15 Chaos knights

1 chaos lord on karadrak

1 chaos lord or sorcerer on manticore

1 warshrine

1 gorebeast chariot

1 daemon prince

Im thinking of getting Archaeon Everchosen a sorcerer on foot and be'lakor.

Do you have any suggestions ? Maybe cut some knights and warriors so the points fit :) ?

Get Marauders.  Think I'm joking?  Nope.  Marauders are basically a requirement to play Slaves to Darkness.

Want to run Ravagers?  You need marauders to bring them in on a board edge.  Yes, technically you can do that with cultists instead, but if you look at the profiles and decide to take marauders with weapon + shield, they just blow all the cultists out of the water to an unfunny degree.

Want to run Cabalists?  You need marauders to sacrifice so that way you can get your spells off easier (here cabalists work too... but marauders are a better threat).  Also, 2 wizards + 40 marauders has 1 wizard give them full re-rolls on hits, wounds, and saves, and the second wizard teleport them across the board to get an easy charge in and obliterate whatever they hit.  Yeah, they'll die afterwards, but 40 marauders making up to 80 attacks with full re-rolls kinda makes up for that.

Want to run Despoilers?  Now technically you don't need marauders.  Of course, once you get a few games in and realize just how weak the warriors and knights are, you'll go ahead and get the marauders so you have SOMETHING killy on the field.

Host of the everchosen?  Well, you take Archaeon, and then you take some varanguard, and then you realize that you need bodies to hold objectives... so you take marauders AGAIN.

Think I'm overstating things?  I currently have 40 Chaos Warriors, 20 Chaos Knights, 2 Gorebeast Chariots, 1 Warshrine, 1 Lord/sorcerer on manticore, 2 sorcerers on foot, 1 lord on foot, and 1 lord on Daemonic Mount.  I have played ~8 games with these guys so far, with 4 of them at 1000 points, 3 at 1500 points, and 1 at 2000 points, and I have handily lost every single one of these games.  If I had played those same games with my cities of sigmar or my stormcast armies, I would probably have lost the 2k game, and maaaybe 1 each of the 1000 and 1500 point games.  Additionally, if I had at least enough marauders to take advantage of the Ravager's command ability, I would have won 2 of the 1000 point games, 1-2 of the 1500 point games, and might have had a chance in the 2k game.  That isn't even counting replacing a block of warriors/knights with a block of marauders instead, and getting a hell of a lot more bang for my buck that way.