Preparing for my first battle

SoSoCho

So I am getting ready for my first battle. I play CoS (Anvilgard). I plan to play 2000 points but need a little help with me setup. The Setup is going to be:

1x Black Ark fleet master

1x Sorceress

1x Sorceress on black dragon

10x Black ark corsairs

20x Bleakswords

20x Dreadspears

10x Dreadspears

1x war hydra

Vandus Hammerhand (SE)

5x Judicators (SE)

5x Judicators (SE)

1750/2000 points

What would you recommend I go out and get ? (Or change)

I also have a Auric Runefather on magmadroth. So maybe get 10x berzekers and use them as 400point allies ? Or do yoy guys have any suggestions? 

More battle line. Bodies, mobility and killing power are king in AOS.  Honestly I would cut the corsair part of hte list altogether  as you seem to be far farther into  a covens centric list than a corsair spam list.  Theres a few options

1) If I had the time and the money I would cut the corsairs and the fleetmaster (as they have limited synergy and are very fragile) as well as the hydra (not a strong model all around) and fill out those dreadspear blocks to maximum sizes. Then break the bleakswords into 2 units of 10 bleakswords to utilize as screens to eat charges or block lanes. Take another sorceress on foot a their command ability and basic spell is fantastic. Any additional points would be put into endless spells (cities of sigmar always get the empowered endless spells which make them significantly more useful)

1.5) Same as above but invest the points into a few minimum sized corsair units (as they are 80 pts not 100) and use them as screens as you would have the bleakswords. I would still ditch the bleaksword squad for more dreadspears (maximizes attacks in larger sized units).

2) Same as above but instead of buying bodies invest the points into the battalion for a second artifact and to reduce your drops. This could give you an edge and potentially let you choose the first turn order (depends on your scene and the stormcast would need to go). Any extra points could be put into endless spells or bodies for units.

3) If none of these are feasible you can leave the army as is. However, I would definitely try and get a larger block of corsairs to fully utilize the black ark fleetmasters ability.  Fill out your corsairs as your black ark fleetmaster is basically wasted with a command ability only useable on 10 very fragile infantry. unless you are using them as screens in which case the fleetmaster is still not worth the points and he should be cut for 10 more corsairs, endless spells or more bodies elsewhere.

In the future I would completely cut the stormcast portion but as I understand it you  are using what you have. If you want ranged build blocks of darkshards. They are surprisingly powerful in huge unit sizes. 

Edited by TheCovenLord