which City would fit?

Dolinarius

hiho,

I'm more the fun player, less the guy caring too much about combos and stuff.

So I would love to field some dwarfs and some darkling coven aelves: ironbreakers, darkshards, sorceress on dragon, maybe executioners too.

First of all, I was into Anvilgard, but reading through the thread, it seems like Anvilgard is all about scourge privateers.

So is there a city which would fit or would it make no diffrence due to the particular models I want to field?

9 minutes ago, Dolinarius said:

hiho,

I'm more the fun player, less the guy caring too much about combos and stuff.

So I would love to field some dwarfs and some darkling coven aelves: ironbreakers, darkshards, sorceress on dragon, maybe executioners too.

First of all, I was into Anvilgard, but reading through the thread, it seems like Anvilgard is all about scourge privateers.

So is there a city which would fit or would it make no diffrence due to the particular models I want to field?

I think anvilguard could work definitely. Not so much by the cities of sigmar description but there is a callus and toll book that takes them through it. That description makes it really work. There are plenty of dwarfs and elves there. The kahadron are more mercenaries than tradesmen. Hired to kill the protagonists, which also fits the darkling covens you want to fit in.  Rules wise the illicit dealings - black market also fits and then you can give an artefact to the leaders of both races which is a great start for a narrative. The back story of the city also works as a great starting point for the narrative of the army. A deal gone wrong which both would have little patience for. A tense alliance between the two in the hunt for an artefact. Etc. 

but in the end it doesn’t really matter. You can make it work in whichever you want. 

personally I’m going tempest eye so I can get the kharadron in that I want without them being allies (and thus  losing the allegiance abilities of the city) 

hope this helps.