Silver Tower Painting Minimums?

BushwickSigmar

Hi all,

I love painting, but I'm a very slow painter, and painting often keeps from actually playing because I'm incapable of playing stuff with unpainted minis. This is true of Silver Tower.

I'm making some headway with the miniatures, but it occurs to me I might not need to paint them all? Like, there are four familiars, but you get eight on the sprues: is there ever an occasion in playing the game where you'll encounter two of the same at once? Will you ever encounter 8 scutlings at once? What's the bare minimum I can paint to have a full game where I'll never have to proxy anything?

Technically speaking, it all could be used. If one member of your party has already captured a familiar, I believe another could show up on the board (I know that two identical familiars cannot be on the board simultaneously, but I don't think the rules say anything about one having been captured).

As for the actual bad guys, you can certainly encounter all of them at any given time. Sadly, you're in for a lot of painting and/or fighting the great grey hordes.

Archived