Events UK: Element Games Grand Slam 2019

Element Games Events

Event Title: Element Games Grand Slam 2019
Event Author: Element Games Events
Calendar: Events UK
Event Date: 08/24/2019 12:00 AM to 08/25/2019 12:00 AM

5 games, 2 days, 100 players…But there can only be one champion!!

Friday 23rd Aug 2019 - Pre-event social and casual gaming
Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th Aug 2019 - Main event
Join the Event's Facebook event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/506957813171271/?notif_t=event_calendar_create¬if_id=1556010728555873

Rulespack to follow.  It will be a 2000 point generals handbook tournament with units from forge world being allowed subject to having a warscroll. Tickets: £40.00

What do you get for your ticket?
• Entry into the Element Games Age of Sigmar Grand Slam 24th-25th August
• Free access to casual gaming and Pre-Event social on the Friday night
• Entry into the (optional) FRIDAY NIGHT OPEN casual 1000 point event on 24th August
• Lunch provided Saturday & Sunday
• Free access to casual gaming and Pub quiz/social on the Saturday night
• Chance to win lots of prizes, trophies and awards
• Participation prizes for ALL attendees.

VENUE
The event will be played at the refurbished Element Games' North West Gaming Centre:

1st Floor
Hallam Business Centre
Hallam Street
Stockport
SK2 6PT

PRIZES
At the conclusion we will award the following awards:

• Event Champion plus 2nd and 3rd placed Generals
  • Most Sporting
  • Best Army plus 2nd and 3rd Best Armies
  • Wooden Spoon

Other awards like Best in Faction/Race will be dependent on numbers and announced closer to the date.

Parking:
FREE PARKING all day outside in the venues shared/private car par and next door in the 46 space Council run car park.

Travel:
Public transport: Davenport train station is the closest at a 10-15 minute walk but the main Stockport Station is also only 20-25 minute walk (and you'll find more frequent trains). You can get the bus from Stockport Station for less than £2.00 each way. And the Bus stops at the end of our road - opposite Premier Inn and is a 2 minute walk.

Flights: Fly in to Manchester Airport and get to the venue by Taxi or Bus. Or fly into Birmingham and get a direct train from Birmingham International straight to Stockport. Please email events@elementgames.co.uk if you need advice about flying in from abroad.

We hope to see you all there, rolling dice and trading battle stories!

Element Games Grand Slam 2019

• 1 month later...

Hello all!

The event is now getting close and I want to share more information with you leading upto the weekend! What a way to start than SWAG!

We all like free stuff right? Anyone attending EGGS this year will receive one of the Age of Sigmar play dashboards as part of your swag bags!!

you can find more information in the following places:

Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/506957813171271/
Ticket Link: https://elementgames.co.uk/event-tickets/element-games-grand-slam-aos-gt-2019

We hope to see you in a few weeks!

Jay & the NWGC Team

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 08.21.16.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

So had a blast at EGGS this weekend, some feedback below.

Positives

5 top games, all my opponents were great, plenty of space at the tables, scenery superb, mats on all.

Timings were fine, in fact possibly 3 hours is a touch too long, I finished in plenty of time every game.

Turn around was excellent, the next round went up very quickly and the final awards soon after last game.

Nice bonus touches with the ice creams, and goody bags.

Subway for lunch is always a  great choice, really easy to grab and eat within the lunch time.

30 mins lunch was a good choice imo, still time to eat and you don't hang around too long.

Social, the number 1 for me at this event, relaxed chill out evening at the venue, chance to catch up and chat with guys I don't see at every event.

Even in the record heat, the fans around the room meant you could cool down

Bar prices as always were good, (for someone from the south at least)

Improvements

Get the pack out early, and don't change it on the day.  This is super important to grow the event, let people know what they are getting early, and stick to it, changing the scoring system on the day seemed very odd. 

Trophies, they were OK, but there are some really great trophies out there now and compared to what you are seeing at a lot of events they were a little lacking.  Also pack had best in alliegence awards, which were not given out?

Spare player, I have never been to an AOS event (done over 100 now)that had a BYE, if I had travelled 6 hours to the event and then not gotten my 5 games I think I would not be happy.

Painting - Ritchie was the worthy winner (would have gotten my vote),  but self nomination then judges choice?  Little odd.   Would have much preferred, judges nominations all displayed together, for everyone to easily look at. (They were so scattered I noticed a lot of players didn;t really bother walking around and looking, they missed out on some beautiful armies).  Also 1,2,3 - painting is as much a part of the hobby as gaming, give it the same level of recognition that 99% of other events do.

Kick off at 9:30 on Sunday, gives an extra 30 mins for folks with long journey and still is not too bad for a sunday morning, knock rounds down to 2:45 as there are no realms.  Gives an hour earlier Sunday and 45 mins Saturday.

Overall

I would def go back to EGGS, its one of my favourites on the calendar, but this year it felt a little rushed, and no growth from the year before. Some points to improve and it could grow to one of the 100 player events on the calendar.

Edited by Paul Buckler
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1