High elves and Legends

Leonhart040

Hi people :D

We want to play a 2000 game with some friends using the Legends rules for classic characters like Vlad Von Carstein or Tyrion, and I'll be using high elves. We'll be using points from the first General's Handbook.

The thing is, all my miniatures have been in a closet since the End Times, covered in war dust, and now I'm not really sure where to start. I want to use Tyrion and Teclis, just because the brothers thing, and build the army around them. This are all the units I own:

60 Spearmen (Sea guard miniatures)

30 archers

10 reavers

10 dragon blades

20 swordmasters

20 phoenix guard

10 lion rangers

2 repeater bolt throwers

1 white lion charriot

1 archmage on foot

1 archmage on horse

1 highwarden

1 seawarden on foot

1 dragon noble with banner

1 Loremaster

And many characters:

Alarielle, Imrik, Alith Anar, Caradryan, Korhil, Eltharion on foot, Tyrion and Teclis.

This is the first idea that came to me:

Allegiance: Order

Leaders

Tyrion (260)

Teclis (200)
Seawarden on Foot (100)

Battleline
30 x Highborn Spearmen (240)
30 x Highborn Spearmen (240)
5 x Reavers (140)

Units
30 x Highborn Archers (300)
10 x Dragon Blades (280)
1 x White Lion Chariots (80)

War Machines
Highborn Repeater Bolt Thrower (120)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000

Using the Order alliance, and not any subfactions like swifthawk agents, is the only posible way to play with High elves nowadays, so I don't have to care about fitting units as allies. For starters, I suppose two block of spearmen and one of archers are mandatory as has always been in fantasy, but I prefer to know your opinions and have some advice before taking it for granted.

So, can I have some advice to build my list please?

Edited by Leonhart040
  • Like 1

I would drop the Dragon Blades for 20 Phoenix Guard for the same price with Tyrion's command ability defender of Ulthuan all units in 24" do not need to take battleshock so they wont run and you dont have to buy an anointed or Caradryan

Your command point will be used by Tyrion every turn so the SeaWarden wont get to use his to boost the Archers ,Bolt Thrower or Spearmen, i would consider 20 SwordMasters over the 30 archers, and 10 white lions will dish out more damage than the Bolt Thrower in the long run as the crew will get sniped by magic or missiles

As your playing in the old world for end of times would use the old 2015 High Elves Warscrolls where all elves are highborn so your command abilities actually work correctly , it sounds like your going to have an awesome game and i do envy you as the old high elves really were the best for lore and abilities, have fun !

warhammer-aos-high-elves-en.-2015.pdf

Edited by bernoodist

On 5/28/2019 at 2:45 PM, bernoodist said:

I would drop the Dragon Blades for 20 Phoenix Guard for the same price with Tyrion's command ability defender of Ulthuan all units in 24" do not need to take battleshock so they wont run and you dont have to buy an anointed or Caradryan

Your command point will be used by Tyrion every turn so the SeaWarden wont get to use his to boost the Archers ,Bolt Thrower or Spearmen, i would consider 20 SwordMasters over the 30 archers, and 10 white lions will dish out more damage than the Bolt Thrower in the long run as the crew will get sniped by magic or missiles

As your playing in the old world for end of times would use the old 2015 High Elves Warscrolls where all elves are highborn so your command abilities actually work correctly , it sounds like your going to have an awesome game and i do envy you as the old high elves really were the best for lore and abilities, have fun !

warhammer-aos-high-elves-en.-2015.pdf 2.3 MB · 6 downloads

Thanks for your comment! Following this, I've come with another list, a bit different of what I intended at first:

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
TYRION & TECLIS (320)
Archmage on Dragon
- Magestaff
TYRION & TECLIS (140)
Loremaster

Battleline
5 x Reavers (140)

Units
20 x Swordmasters (320)
20 x Phoenix Guard (280)
10 x White Lions (120)
1 x White Lion Chariots (80)
30 x Spireguard (300)
30 x Spireguard (300)

Total: 2000 / 2000

I know I don't have the minimum battleline units for age of Sigmar, but as legends is to be used in open games, we'll be using the old battleline units of fantasy. In this case, Spireguard counts as battleline.