New Sylvaneth player questions

ipoo2

I have just started playing Sylvaneth, although not new to the game. I love the models, but there play may take some getting used to!

After playing a few games and reading and re-reading the army book and FAQ's I still have a few questions.... If anything can  be linked, either to the book or the FAQ, that would be appreciated.

1 - Why does the Treelord Ancient have spirit path on its warscroll? It does not seem any different to navigate realmroots.

2 - Navigate realmroots can be used once per unit per turn? i.e the same unit can use it in each turn

3- A unit that does navigate the realmroots (e.g. 30 Dryads) can they be daisy chained from the woods (with one model within 3 inches) and stretch across the board? 

4 - In the above example, would the Dryads still be within the wildwoods for the +1 hit bonus?

5- A one drop army (e.g. Gnarlroot) can some units be set up in the hidden paths and maintain the one drop?

6 - Can you place woods on objectives?

7 - They seem to be a defensive, objective based army, would that be correct?

On 11/20/2018 at 7:05 PM, ipoo2 said:

1 - Why does the Treelord Ancient have spirit path on its warscroll? It does not seem any different to navigate realmroots.

2 - Navigate realmroots can be used once per unit per turn? i.e the same unit can use it in each turn

3- A unit that does navigate the realmroots (e.g. 30 Dryads) can they be daisy chained from the woods (with one model within 3 inches) and stretch across the board? 

4 - In the above example, would the Dryads still be within the wildwoods for the +1 hit bonus?

5- A one drop army (e.g. Gnarlroot) can some units be set up in the hidden paths and maintain the one drop?

6 - Can you place woods on objectives?

7 - They seem to be a defensive, objective based army, would that be correct?

1. So that he can still have the ability in non-Sylvaneth allegiance lists, i.e. mixed order or as an ally.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, I think so - would need to check wording though.

4. Yes, but would only get the cover bonus if the whole unit was in the woods.

5. Yes - make sure you tell your opponent that they are though.

6. Yes

7. Pretty much. Certainly how I play them but they can be adaptable to a certain extent to a few different playstyles. 

Archived