Freeguild/Devoted of Sigmar

Darkmind

So finally got around to buying the grand alliance order book.  Man I dont understand the split making these small subfaction keywords not work with anything else.  War alter and priests blessings no longer effect freeguild since keyword 'devoted to sigmar' is only on a few choices.  I just dont get why you would split the humans into 2 seperate armies where blessings and command abilities are blocked by keywords.

I'm loving AOS again, but this might be a problem a year from now where armies only have 3-4 warscrolls and every army looks the same.  I think they should have made 2 command abilities per leaders.  One being for the alliance and second for the subfaction to allow more choices so armies dont look samey.  It could be something as simple as alliance +1 to hit only subfaction +1 to hit +1 to wound.  Right now you are pigeon holed using the same models as the next guy since keywords.

I do understand that older warscrolls for priests dont have keyword 'devoted to sigmar' on there warscrolls, but later on we might not be able to use older scrolls in say tournaments or they might just remove them from GW pdf's.

You do have to remember some of those small factions are going to get new kits. Or have certain sub factions mix together. Look at the flesh eater courts. I do suspect the devoted of sigmar are going to become the "main" human faction. They are mentioned quite a few times and they are actually the ones cleansing nurgle's corruption from the realm of life. It would not surprise me if the free guild fold into them with a few new mini's. 

The stormcast are actually standing around in the cities. 

Yeah im starting to think freeguilds are ment to die off, and a new super mutant human (which GW seems to be making now) will take over.  Gone are the basic swordman?  In are the sigmarines I guess. :(  I just cant get into them.  If they looked more human maybe, but meh.

My other army is skaven, which thankfully I dont see them going away since no need to rename for IP.

I went through the general's handbook and seems the only warrior priest that has points is the devoted to sigmar version.  The regular warrior priest, thats in the GW pdf, is not anywhere in the book.  Maybe they just missed it, or they no longer want freeguilds to have warrior priests or war alters that buff them.

So a question for tournament games.  Could I use the old warrior priest warscroll using the new WP point value?  I understand everything is new yet, but just trying to get a feel if tournaments would allow older warscrolls that are not in the handbook.

19 hours ago, Darkmind said:

Yeah im starting to think freeguilds are ment to die off, and a new super mutant human (which GW seems to be making now) will take over.  Gone are the basic swordman?  In are the sigmarines I guess. :(  I just cant get into them.  If they looked more human maybe, but meh.

My other army is skaven, which thankfully I dont see them going away since no need to rename for IP.

Er no, I stated the opposite it's the humans doing the heavy lifting setting up the cities for the season war. The devoted of sigmar(who are normal humans) were the one's who were cleansing the realm of life of nurgle's corruption. We all know how you cleanse chaos corruption right? I was saying that most likely the free guild are going to be mixed into the devoted of sigmar. When devoted get their own book since the devoted of sigmar are kinda big in the overall plot. 

Plus they have displayed divine powers in the fluff that have far outstripped a stormcast lord relicator. Hell he can't even unbind magic.

While the super humans were standing around garrisoning cities. 

Archived