Nurgle themed armies - GH advice sought

Finraer

Hi

A bit of background: When I play, it is at my local GW store and smaller pickup games are preferred to larger so my AoS to date has involved building up smaller armies - which also suits my hobby-butterfly approach to collecting and painting!! 

For my latest project, I decided I would build 2 "smaller" forces that could combine into a larger army with consistent theme and basing.  I decided to go for a nurgle-themed Warherd and a Nurgle Mortal army.  "The Tainted Herd" and "I haven't come up with a good name yet".  :)

With the advent of the generals handbook, I want to make sure I can meet battleline requirements, if my opponent wants to play that way.  I prefer to play narrative or open play scenarios but sometimes pick up games with people you don't know go down the strict matched play route.

The two individual armies are set out below.

The Tainted Herd - 1,000 pts

2 x Doombulls

Ghorgon

3 units of Bullgors

I haven't come up with a good name yet - 980 pts

Orghotts Daemonspew (or any of the maggoth lords, as I have it magnetised)

Sorceror Lord on Manticore (Nurgle mark)

2 x Chaos Spawn (Nurgle mark)

2 x Putrid Blightkings

The problem I have is that if I combine them, then I don't have any units that count as Battleline and I don't want to dilute the feel of the original 2 armies too much when they combine. :(

I think my options for combining them and having 3 battleline units would be:

- drop a Doombull and a spawn to give me c200 pts to play with and add 3 x units of a combination of (Chaos marauders, Clanrats, Gors or Ungors); or

- drop a Doombull and a unit of Bullgors to give me c300 pts to play with and add 3 x units of plaguebearers

However, does anyone have any other suggestions? 

At the moment, I have the two single forces purchased, built and in various stages of painting and am looking to buy the battleline "glue" units.  All thoughts and comments gratefully received.

Cheers

Paul

Hmm for 320 you get 10 gor + 10 gor + 10 ungor + a bray shaman. Maybe not optimal unit sizes but it would make them crazy fast to run and threatening weakly contested objectives and be an annoyance.

For that you could drop a unit of bullgors and the spaws or a Doombull.

Thats another idea.

Archived