Warchanter stacking attacks

Mayple

Question

Theorycrafting.

What happens if five (Ironjawz) Warchanters stack their +1 to hit on a single warchanter (+5 to hit) in connection to his "on a hit roll of 6, he generates another attack"

Does he generate new attacks from the new attacks, failing only when rolling ones, or does he only generare them once?

Throwing a blade of judgement on top of that would, if the former is the case, surely be.. Highly destructive, no? ;)

Thanks!

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

27 minutes ago, Isotop said:

The only uncertainty I am seeing lies in the term "end of attack sequence". In my view it can either mean:

(1) Full stop - abort the whole process immediately

or

(2) Do not proceed to the next step (wound roll)

If (2) was the case, there would be no reason to not add hit modifiers to the roll before ending the attack.

I dont see any ambiguity - in the absence of any other evidence or precedent, it's got to be (1) - "the attack sequence ends, but not until after I've added a modifier to this dice roll to trigger a special ability to end the attack sequence" just doesn't seem to have anything to back it up.

Anecdotal; There are plenty of MW abilities that trigger on the hit roll and auto-fail 1's have been around for a while, so I struggle to believe that this is a newly discovered situation.

Archived