Attacking Up a Cliff or Ledge

Skasian

Question

If my opponent is standing on a ledge 3" above my model (and my model has no where to stand) can I pile in and attack it in the following scenarios?

1. assuming that I didn't charge in and I'm just sitting in the 3" combat range (base of cliff).
  2. assuming that I did charge in and I charged 3" up the hill so technically I'm in front of him (but I have no where to stand in front of him thus my model is placed at the base of the cliff)

The following 2 rules from the FAQ is all I found:

Q: If the height of the terrain feature exceeds a model’s movement, can it be climbed over multiple turns? Can a model run up a terrain feature?

A: Yes to both questions. A model may need to spend several turns climbing an especially high terrain feature (you will need to remember how far it has climbed each turn, and measure distances and visibility to or from that model as if it were in that location).

Q: If I charge a model on a terrain feature, and there isn’t a space on which the charging model can stand, can it still make the charge move?

A: Yes. As noted above, for simplicity and ease of play, models are assumed to be able to climb up any terrain feature, and can finish a move at any point when they do so (you will need to remember how far it has climbed, and measure distances and visibility to or from that model as if it were in that location).

1 answer to this question

Archived