Skaven Engine Covens

GingerDrew

Question

Hey Guys, I have a little question that came up the other day with a new player...........

It came up around the Clan Skryer Battalion. My understanding is that if you want the full benift of this Battalion, then you 

Pay for Battalion cost + 2-5 Engine Covens which grants you 1 CP and 1 Artifact.

But what came up was, can we take a Engine Coven solo? Like the Gascloud Chokelung, granting a rule set without the +1CP and Artifact.

Thanks guys 

4 answers to this question

You can’t take the battalion without filling the full requirements listed on the battalions’ warscroll. So you can’t take any of the benefits without having the entire battalion. Otherwise there would a lot more broken gameplay going on if you could do that.

The engine covens are only available through the warscroll batalliion.

I think it was looked at like one of those larger Battalions you get in all codex  which is filled with smaller Battalions you can take solo. But the wording of engine coven, and not "Battalion" was what I questioned. When you look at the Generals hand book, it kind of made sense that you could take them solo.

Like the Gascloud Chokelung, pay 70pts, take the units needed as normal. You get the rules but not command point or Artifact. That was how it was been asked to be played.

The way your seeing it, was the same as me. Until I looked at it a little more. Hence why I asked the question if anyone knew the answer. It looks like bad GW writing and older codex/warscroll issue.

There was a page on here which also didn't help, 

In this, there is a video with great help for skaven players, and on the list ( around 15 mins in ) that Gascloud Chokelung is down as a solo battalion which is what lead to to ask the question.

Thanks guys 

Archived