Daughters of Khaine 1000pt Advice

Rekmeister

So, I like playing dynamic armies that have decent value engines built in. For the longest time I've been building around Khaliebron, the temple that allows your commander to deep strike a friendly unit within 7" each hero phase, but I've been re-reading the temples and looking at my collection trying to hammer out a list I can play at 1k while I build toward 2k over the next year or so. I was toying with a list that deep strikes 10 warlocks and casts purple sun, since that spell has an effective 15" range and can probably be pretty devastating on turn 1. Issue is, that it leaves only 10 melusai, a hag, and a bloodwrack shrine left to fight a whole army. Seems pretty glass.

Now, I love the melusai, and recently got a deal on second shrine and 10 witch aelves for £34. Now that I don't have to stretch my melusai into two units of five to hit minimum battleline (yes, yes, I will get more as I progress into 2k), I can build a more traditional army. I know I want that shrine as my centerpiece because I have been playing the medusae with my dark aelves army for two years now and it's the best model in the game from my perspective. I'm also a seraphon player so I am a huge proponent of spamming tiny heroes, so those 60pt hags are looking mighty tasty at the 1k level.

My basic aim with this list is to cram in lots of value and small rules interactions. I really want to try out endless spells and - given that I have 4 heroes and troops that cost a lot - I think an emerald lifeswarm could will always have a high value target; especially since opponents will not want me going first given that my army is otherwise pretty aggressive. I elected to deck out my medusae with the crystal heart on the logic that the hagg nar allegiance lets her shrug them off easier, and she can always heal those mortal wounds turn 1 by casting the lifeswarm. I can be persuaded that there is a better option to give her. Here is the list I have conjured up:

Heroes:

Bloodwrack Shrine - General: Devoted Disciples / Crystal Heart / Mindrazor

3 Hag Queens: Blessing of Khaine / Catechism of Murder / Crimson Rejuvenation

Units:

10 Blood Sisters

10 Witch Aelves: Bladed Bucklers

5 Doomfire Warlocks: Shroud of Despair

Endless Spells:

Emerald Lifeswarm

1000/1000, 69 Wounds.

Does this seem like an army that could tangle at the 1000pt level? I am eager for any pointers or critique.

Archived