Warherd vs Dwarves Godbeasts Battleplan

cranect

The other day a friend of mine and I played a game out of the godbeasts book. I don't remember the mission name but it is the one where the monsters show up and you roll for control of them. We modified it slightly to make it so that the monsters attack whoever is closest. Using the new points system we built 1000 point armies. I took warherds with the bullgor stampede. He took dwarves with bellagor, some iron drakes, longbeards, and something else for melee. The monsters were composed of 5 giants, a cygor, a ghorgon, a maw krusha, a chimera, and a jabberslythe. Turn one he sat there since he was out of range. I moved up and then we rolled to see where the monsters came in. The cygor a chimera and a giant came onto the side we were both heavily deployed to. Everything else was on the other side. The cygor hit his longbeards for little damage. The chimera ripped into his iron drakes and left only 2-3 out of 10 standing. The giant whiffed against my minotaurs and did very little. On the other side the monsters moved up and 2 giants made the long charge to the minotaurs. Everyone whiffed here... Next turn the dwarves kill the chimera and wound the cygor enough to make it nearly useless. I move up and crush most of the longbeards with one unit of minotaurs and bellagor beats the doombull down. The other unit of minotaurs killed the single giant. On the other side the giants and minotaurs do nothing... Again... The monsters all move up and due to the jabberslythe the minotaurs still fighting the giants go mad and sit down. The assorted everything promptly annihilated them. We are both feeling the panic now that the monsters are much closer. He only really has bellagor left and a few longbeards and I'm down to 1.5 minotaur units. Bellagor wipes out the weak unit and the minotaurs killed the longbeards before being dispatched. The last unit of minotaurs took all but one wound off the realmgate. Next turn the monsters kill belagar and all but one minotaur who has one wound left. In my turn the minotaur finishes the realmgate for a victory.

It was a great wacky game since we changed how the monsters worked. We also should have only had 2 of them but it was more fun with 10. I highly recommend this scenario.

Archived