Should I make the dive?

Paladin of Khorne

Hey all, first post ever, and I have a question for all you veterans. I’m interested in playing shadespire and was thinking of picking up the ultimate bundle (the one that has 4 war bands, the dice, sleeves, and the full game). I’ve been seeing news and reading posts about a season 2 or new shadespire game, and it got me thinking; should I spend money getting an old game, only to be behind when a new system or edition drops, or should I wait to see what new release there is or may be?

i really want to get the game as it is now but I’d hate to buy something that’s already outdated and old news.  Plus that 4 way starter bundle just seems too good to pass up. 

There is more coming for the game system, cards for two new warbands have been featured by GW and a close inspection of the card numbering suggests 10 new warbands. By all appearances it would seem any new content will add to, not replace, what's out now.  There's been no mention yet of a date for when this new content will be released.  So I'd say don't wait if the game looks appealing to you right now. I don't know what the deal is for an all-inclusive bundle but I'd generally advise just picking up the core set and giving it a try first. 

Archived