Let's Get Kids Playing Age of Sigmar!

ProfPlum

I need your help. My name is Steve Duall, and I run the Kidshammer event at the NOVA Open in Arlington, VA, as well as a local kids gaming group in the same area.  I wanted to reach out the community to help me spread the word about Kidshammer at NOVA so that we can get the next generation of gamers going in the hobby.  Attached is a flyer for the Kidshammer event, which is in its second year.  It's two days of open play, hobby tutorials, and a friendly three-round tournament.  We had ten kids participate in 2017, and it was such a great time I want to offer it again.  Could you help me spread the word by printing out a copy of the attached flyer and posting it where you play?

Both the future of the game - and our future playing the game - may well depend upon whether we can get our kids playing too.  If you know someone aged 10-15 who is interested in learning to play, or in getting better at playing Age of Sigmar (or Warhammer 40,000),  please check out Kidshammer at the NOVA Open website: www.novaopen.com.  

Kidshammer at the 2018 NOVA Open will be held on Saturday and Sunday, September 1 and 2 (Labor Day Weekend). We'd love to see lots of new faces this year!

Thanks!!!

KIDSHAMMER - NOVA 2018 Flyer.pdf

Great question! Short answer is that we want kids to attend and are very flexible in overcoming any barriers to participation. My youngest son was 8 when he started playing 40k, so I know kids younger than 10 can enjoy gaming.  Hope your son can make it!

Long answer is that we get this question a lot, so we have a FAQ on it.  I cut & pasted it below from the event primer:

Q: Can children younger or older than 10-15 years old participate?

A:  In our experience, children younger than 10 often have a hard time staying engaged for a full day of gaming. But we realize not all children are the same, and some younger children may have the ability to stay engaged longer than older children.  If you want to register a child younger than 10, that’s fine – but we do ask that a parent or guardian accompanies the child to the event. Kids older than 15 are welcome to participate in the open gaming and hobby seminar on Saturday, but are likely present too much of an age spread for the tournament on Sunday.  They are welcome to assist with running the tournament on Sunday, or participate in open gaming that day.

Archived