2000 Pts Legion of Blood for Tourny this weekend

FallenRob

Hey all, 

Got a local tourny this Sunday and thought I would try something different.  I drummed up two different lists based off a very fast army.  So Please take a look and let me know what you think and which list you would take, why. and some CC.

Army 1:
Vamp Lord
  -General, Trait: Aristocracy of Blood, Nightmare, Soulbound Garments, Vile Transference
Vamp Lord
  -Nightmare, Spirit Gale
Vamp Lord
  - Nightmare, Amethystine Pinions

3 Units of 5 Dire Wolves
10 Blood Knights
3 Units of 10 Black Knights
2 Units of Bat Swarms

2000 Pts/ 155 wounds

Army 2:
Neferata
Vamp Lord
  -Nightmare, Soulbound garments, Amethystine Pinions
Vamp Lord
  - Nightmare, Vile Transference

10 Dire Wolves
2 Units of 5 Dire Wolves
10 Blood Knights
2 Units of 10 Black Knights
Bats Swarm

2000pts / 141 Wounds

Thanks for the Help!

If these are the models you have, something in-between these two lists would be good. I don't think the bat swarms hold their value anymore - I wish they did, they're a cool concept but it's usually better to play without them unless you know you're definitely vs heavy shooting every game. 

Sticking with your fast cavalry theme I would suggest something like this:

Nef.

2 x VL 

3 x 5 Blood Knights

3 x 5 Black Knights

3 x 5 Dire Wolves

Just now, FallenRob said:

I see what you are saying. I know there will be a KO guy there and the SCE  guys seem shooting centeric so I thought that the swarms could help.

So is there a reason for units of 5 knights?? 

For the Black Knights there's more regen opportunities in smaller units, for the Blood Knights it makes them more difficult to focus fire / tarpit. 

There's nothing wrong with units of 10 - but this style of list gives you more flexibility, and reduces any easy target decisions for your opponents. 

There's definitely an element of personal preference but I feel like mirrored MSU works well. 

1 hour ago, FallenRob said:

Awesome insight thanks for that.

So I was wondering without model constraints what would you add to the list?

The list I currently run is:

3 x VLoZD

5 x Blood Knights

3 x 5 Dire Wolves

Sometimes I fill the rest of the points out with a flying VL and more DWs or just 15 more DWs, sometimes I play hexwraiths & skeletons, but the above is the backbone of the army, it's definitely fast and fun to play. E.g with the models you have, it looks like you could fill the rest of the points with 10 black knights.

If I wanted to be competitive I would probably just drop the Blood Knights, they're only in there for aesthetics really. I also would put some necromancers in.

3 Dragons works really well with lots of skeletons but I just can't be arsed painting 80-100 skeletons as i like to convert every single model it would take me ages and cost me a fortune. 

3 minutes ago, FallenRob said:

How do the 3 Zombie Dragons work for you?

It's really fun, win or lose. If your opponent tries to focus fire 1 dragon down you can get some free wins as your other two go on a rampage. Some more experienced players will realise you can just split focus and weaken them all to slow them down early on and then finish them off before they get their points back. I have tried running Nef + 2 dragons instead, and Nef is also really fun but she's super squishy unless she can jump on some easy to kill characters.

It's not super competitive at all because you don't have the numbers, like I said you would have to run skeletons to support them, and even then you sacrifice having the points left over for necromancers - but I just love the theme of having 3 dragons flying around.

Archived