Help me complete my Stormcast list

Frikkie5000

So I got my hands on some random Stormcast guys for a second army and was wondering what you'd recommend to complete a 2000-2500 point army from here. I'd like to complete this army on the cheap, so I'm trying to use the models I already have.

Any input/advice would be very welcome indeed.

I have:

1 x Celestant on Dracoth

1 x Celestant on foot

1 x Relictor

6 x Prosecutors 

17 x Liberators

9 x Retributors

Looks like you have the Stormcast half of the AoS starter box, one Stormcast Start Collecting box plus some more (easy-build?) Liberators and Retributors?

Are all minis already assembled? How (in case of any non-easy-build models, especially 3 Prosecutors)?

With those minis, I see two ways where you could go: use the Liberators (and add some more) and go Vanguard Wing, or get some more Paladins and go for a Hammerstrike Force.  Either way, I think you should get a box of 10 Judicators and probably a Lord Castellant. Also get some non-easy build Liberators to get your hands on some special weapons.

Starting point for Vanguard Wing:

Lord-Celestant (100)
- General, Command Trait : Staunch Defender, Artefact : Mirrorshield
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer : Bless Weapons
Units
30 x Liberators (520)
-Warhammer & Shield
- 6 x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
-Skybolt Bows
- 1 x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
-Skybolt Bows
- 1 x Shockbolt Bows
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (100)
- 1 x Stormsurge Tridents
Battalions
Vanguard Wing (200)
Total: 1620

Liberators: sadly, the easy-builds I assume that you have don't come with special weapons. So get some 'normal' Liberators and build minis with all the Grandblades and Grandhammers included (you can go for a mix of Grandblades and Grandhammers instead of all Grandhammers)

Edit: if you assemble Prosecutors with Javelins, you also get 1 Grandhammer and 1 Grandblade per 3 models which you can use for the Liberators!

Prosecutors: I assume you have (at least some) with Celestial hammers, so you can take those instead of the Javelins (but at least in groups of 3, Javelins are better).

In all cases, give Special weapons to the Primes. Only exception are Paladins, where the Starsould Maces should go to normal guys.

For the remaining 380 points it depends where you want to go ... you can also add some allies

Starting point for Hammerstrike:

Lord-Celestant (100)
- General, Command Trait : Staunch Defender, Artefact : Mirrorshield
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer : Lightning Chariot
Units
5 x Liberators (100)
-Warhammer & Shield
- 1 x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
-Skybolt Bows
- 1 x Shockbolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
-Skybolt Bows
- 1 x Shockbolt Bows
6 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (200)
- 2 x Stormsurge Tridents
10 x Paladin Retributors (440)
5 x Paladin Protectors (200)
- 2 x Starsoul Maces
Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (220)
Total: 1660

Prosecutors: I would take a unit of 6 (any variant, preferably with shields), because you want them to survive at least until they call in the Paladins

The initial job of the Relictor is to bring the Celestant in range for buffing the Retributors.

Again, for the remaining 340 points it depends where you want to go ...

This is just to give you a rough idea. Just search the Forum for "Vanguard Wing" or "Hammerstrike" lists and pick what you like ...

Hahahaha. You hit the nail on the head regarding the origins of the models. 

Unfortunately the minis have already been assembled, but I'm only going to use them in some friendly weekend games. The group I play with on weekends allow for reasonable proxy-ing of models regarding weapons/shields. So I can field the retributors as protectors/decimators, as well as any combo of weapons for the liberators and prosecutors, as long as I formally declare it before the game.

Thank you very much for the advice. It helped a lot and gives me some clear indication regarding the minis I need to purchase. 

Archived