I'm in

Slippy

Hi guys!

Recently started slowly painting and collecting AoS since the release of the KO. KO got me hooked on AoS.

The fact that GW's letting go of old concepts like traditional dwarves and elves, and embracing totally new high-high fantasy, is amazing to me. I was sceptical at first, having spent my whole youth playing Fantasy (I've been in the hobby for 20yrs), but it had to be done and I'm happy for it. It opens up so many amazing possibilities like the Melusai and flying Dwarves. I can't wait to see what's next.

Anyway I have almost 1k pts of Zilfin painted up and I'm really enjoying them. I also had a bunch of witches and a Cauldron laying around so I started painting those too (and bought the Battletome). (I also have thousands of points of High Elves but mehh they're fine in those shoeboxes).

Also got my first game of AoS in last week! Was amazing. I can't believe how terrible the aim is of the duardin behind Ironclads cannon...

Anyway, it's a thrill.

Only thing missing for me right now (although I'm still mentally 'letting go' of combat resolution and flank charges) is my feeling of connection with the setting. I get there's a bunch of realms with different weather but beyond that I'm kind of missing the point. I don't know what's where and why and how far it is and why I should care but hey, I'm sure I eventually will. It's just confusing, I guess. My KO battletome, if I recall correctly, doesn't even mention in which realm the KO are in (anyone know?). At least, in the last, Ulthuan, Lustria and the World Edge Mountains made sense, even if they weren't very original.

Anyway it's nice to be here!

I won't be posting much because I'm more of a reader but I'm happy to be part of this place as it's the only source of AoS discussion I could find on the web.

Cheers!

Slippy

• 3 weeks later...

Archived