Armour of Templehof

Hello, Im new here.

I just posted this at dakka then heard about this site.  I have a rules question based on Mannfred from the Death faction.  He has an ability called Armour of Templehof.  He states the first wound is ignored.

"The first wound or mortal wound allocated to Mannfred each turn is absorbed by the armour of Templehof and ignored."

My question is does that happen before damage?  To my interpretation it does.

For example lets say he suffers an attack and it can do D6 wounds or mortal wounds.  Does he absorb the wound or mortal wound thus the opponent doesnt roll a D6 for the damage?  Or does the opponent roll the D6, and lets say he rolls a 3, and only 1 of the 3 damage is absorbed?

Here is what the rule sheet states:

MAKING ATTACKS
Attacks can be made one at a time, or, in
some cases, you can roll the dice for attacks
together. The following attack sequence is
used to make attacks one at a time:

1. Hit Roll: Roll a dice. If the roll equals or beats the attacking weapon’s To Hit characteristic, then it scores a hit and you must make a wound roll. If not, the attack fails and the attack sequence ends.

2. Wound Roll: Roll a dice. If the roll equals or beats the attacking weapon’s To Wound characteristic, then it causes damage and the opposing player must make a save roll. If not, the attack fails and the attack sequence ends.

3. Save Roll: e opposing player rolls a dice, modifying the roll by the attacking weapon’s Rend characteristic. For example, if a weapon has a -1 Rend characteristic, then 1 is subtracted from the save roll. If the result equals or beats the Save characteristic of the models in the target unit, the wound is saved and the attack sequence ends. If not, the attack is successful, and you must determine damage on the target unit.

4. Determine Damage: Once all of the attacks made by a unit have been carried out, each successful attack inflicts a number of wounds equal to the Damage characteristic of the weapon. Most weapons have a Damage characteristic of 1, but some can inflict 2 or more wounds, allowing them to cause grievous injuries to even the mightiest foe, or to cleave through more than one opponent with but a single blow! In order to make several attacks at once, all of the attacks must have the same To Hit, To Wound, Rend and Damage characteristics, and must be directed at the same enemy unit. If this is the case, make all of the hit rolls at the same time, then all of the wound rolls, and finally all of the save rolls; then add up the total number of wounds caused.

Thanks

Wound allocation is the very least thing that happens.  

For example if you attack with a damage 3 weapon and you succeed on the hit and wound rolls and your target fails the save, the attack is successful and deals 3 damage.  You then allocate each of those wounds one at a time.  The armor of templehoff eats the first one.

This sequence had been clarified in the rules FAQ.  But I'm on my phone, cooking dinner so I can't point you to it at this time.

Archived