March of the Cerulean Guard, a Path to Glory Story Blog

PartyBear

Apologies and thanks to Flamingwalnut for the idea, I'll be using this to keep track of my warband narrative as well!

Spoiler

Dear Screwtape,

My sincerest apologies for the delay of this missive.  My comprehension of the urgency in which we ravel the Great Conspirator’s plans is full, as is my understanding of our name-holder’s wrath.  Please inform the Everchosen of my findings, for they behoove all our brotherhood.  The child Sahira Zarif, former Lady of Light, champion of the Silver Tower and Fatemistress of the Architect, has begun her contribution to the great game.  Even now as I write this, our investment gathers troops to her banner and marches for the hidden ruins of Xan’Rath.  She gathers her followers from the same orphanage we placed her, for the past twenty years she has identified children whom the skeins of fate determine susceptible to the whispers of our Master and arranged the untimely deaths of their parents.  Some have maintained mere acolyte status, but some already grow the beaks and horns of true tzaangors.

I attached myself to her several years ago as an advisor and majordomo, assuring the child that I hold no designs to power myself.  This lesson, once learned, always stings them so gloriously.  I anticipate that moment of treachery on the horizon, when this latest apprentice falls to ruination due to the final spark of trust that she holds within her.  I sincerely believe she marches under the illusion that her only enemies can be found outside the Conspirator’s followers.

My updates shall be more frequent from now on.  Threads have fallen into place, the time is nigh for our design to realize.

Your closest enemy,

Wormwood

Pics of the warband to come!

Archived