Need help with death.

Smavo

Hey guys. Ive lurked the forum for a while and am loving death even though we have a small range. I started with a 2000 point FeC army and then expanded into a 1000 point nighthaunt and thanks to christmas have the start of a grand alliance proper. 

Ive been working on the mortarch model for about a week now and my god I am having fun but its really hard.

Could anyone help me with advice about better tactics as I havent won a game in a long time and maybe some help with painting advice?

15148564264641390515797.jpg

15148564495551147387260.jpg

Firstly, picking a mortach is amazing. I run mannfred quite often and he's a beast!

in terms of tactics, ask yourself before selecting any model what you want your army to do? Do you want a horde army that locks enemy down and grinds it out? Do you want a fast army that engages the enemy super quick? 

I always decide a style then pick my hero to best suite the style I want. For instance I usually run a very aggressive, fast mannfred list, which is filled with vampire lord on zombie dragon, crypt flayers, vargheists, a varghulf to regen my flayers and dire wolves as battle line. It's fast and mobile, flexible and packs a punch. Also, I play on mannfreds command ability which allows rerolls of 1 to hit and wound. A lot of my units I've selected have 3+/3+, some a 4+/3+ so I'm looking to get around 70% of attacks through.

as you can see that's my strategy, fast and aggressive.

hope my take can guide you a little.

Firstly, picking a mortach is amazing. I run mannfred quite often and he's a beast!

in terms of tactics, ask yourself before selecting any model what you want your army to do? Do you want a horde army that locks enemy down and grinds it out? Do you want a fast army that engages the enemy super quick? 

I always decide a style then pick my hero to best suite the style I want. For instance I usually run a very aggressive, fast mannfred list, which is filled with vampire lord on zombie dragon, crypt flayers, vargheists, a varghulf to regen my flayers and dire wolves as battle line. It's fast and mobile, flexible and packs a punch. Also, I play on mannfreds command ability which allows rerolls of 1 to hit and wound. A lot of my units I've selected have 3+/3+, some a 4+/3+ so I'm looking to get around 70% of attacks through.

as you can see that's my strategy, fast and aggressive.

hope my take can guide you a little.

Archived