Stormcast Eternals 1000p List

Taffin

Hey.  I was thinking of starting a second army as ma Ironjawz are almost finished and Stormcast Eternals caught my eye. For the last week or so I was trying to settle on an list to better aim my purchases. My local meta is very shooty and I want an army that will NOT give an inch and will endure against all odds. This is what I came up with I think its kinda fluffy as well.

Leaders
Lord-Castellant (100)
- General
- Command Trait : Staunch Defender
- Artefact : Mirrorshield
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer : Bless Weapons
Units
25 x Liberators (500)
-Warhammer & Shield
- 5 x Grandhammers
10 x Judicators (320)
-Skybolt Bows
- 2 x Shockbolt Bows
Total: 1000 /1000

The idea is that Lord-Castellant will use his magic lantern to give +1 Save to those Liberators and another +1 Save to all around him. Liberators now being 2+ with rr 1's will form a bubble-wrap for the rest of the force. Lord Relictor will cast Bless Weapons on those Judicators and when I score a 6+ with that Shockbolt Bow (Judicator Prime gets +1 To Hit) Things can get really nasty really fast. My only two concerns are mobility and magic resistance.

What do you think. Should I ditch Judicators and max out the unit of Liberators for 20p and buy 3x Prosecutors? Is this a valid list and something to work towards for my first 1000p in a new army?

Its a really solid tank you have built there. As you have identified your biggest issue will be taking objectives outside your deployment zone as the set up you have in mind is not fast or flexible.

To combat this I would consider dropping to a unit of 20 liberators (that is still plenty in a 1000 point game, especially with a 2+ save) and adding in a unit of prosecutors (with javelins would be my pick) for late game objective grabbing (and some extra missile attacks). Another option would be to give the Lord Relictor the Lightning Chariot prayer so you can teleport him or someone else onto a far away objective. Its also a great way to get him in range for a lightning storm prayer.

Unless there is a wizard heavy Tzeentch list in your meta the lack of magic resistance is probably less of an issue (at 1000 points anyway) than being able to move on objectives. If this does come up you can always give the Lord Relictor the prayer that allows him to unbind spells.

I take it you are running the Judicators as a unit of 10 to maximize bless weapons on them. I reckon it would be more reliable to have two units of 5 as that way you get 2 primes with shockbolt bows hitting n 2+. This is especially relevant if the Relictor ends up with a prayer other than Bless Weapons as suggested above.

8 minutes ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Its a really solid tank you have built there. As you have identified your biggest issue will be taking objectives outside your deployment zone as the set up you have in mind is not fast or flexible.

To combat this I would consider dropping to a unit of 20 liberators (that is still plenty in a 1000 point game, especially with a 2+ save) and adding in a unit of prosecutors (with javelins would be my pick) for late game objective grabbing (and some extra missile attacks). Another option would be to give the Lord Relictor the Lightning Chariot prayer so you can teleport him or someone else onto a far away objective. Its also a great way to get him in range for a lightning storm prayer.

Unless there is a wizard heavy Tzeentch list in your meta the lack of magic resistance is probably less of an issue (at 1000 points anyway) than being able to move on objectives. If this does come up you can always give the Lord Relictor the prayer that allows him to unbind spells.

I take it you are running the Judicators as a unit of 10 to maximize bless weapons on them. I reckon it would be more reliable to have two units of 5 as that way you get 2 primes with shockbolt bows hitting n 2+. This is especially relevant if the Relictor ends up with a prayer other than Bless Weapons as suggested above.

Thanks for advice. Lightning Chariot Prayer could be a way to move fast (and furious) and Prosecutors are also an option to gain that mobility.

As for my local meta, the most scary army now are Scaven Skryre with Stormfiends with warpfire projectors and 4 or 5 Poison Wind Mortars that can shoot 30" without LOS and with -2 Rend and Warpstone Sparks allegiance ability one shot can deal 12 damage. On top of that the army has some magic potential.

Happy to help :-) I've found Lightning Chariot to be very useful for getting the Relictor to where he is most needed (if I'm not sling shooting some unit forward).

Against that Skaven list you might need to think about 2 x units of prosecutors dropping into their backfield via Scions and shooting before charging those poison wind mortars. Otherwise they will make short work of your liberator wall.

Archived