monsters EVERYWHERE

Thanatos Ares

Evening folks,

thought id share my current list (SCGT comp)

so enough rambling from me heres the list

AGK on Zombie Dragon

Zombie Dragon

2x Terrorgheists

10 Blood Knights

10 Dire Wolves

5 Hexwraiths

Vampire Lord on Horse

Royal Menagerie Formation

100pts bang on

now i realise the command ability is next to useless but the Kings spell is all kinds of awesome when combined with the menagerie formation!

side board 50pool is massed infantry blocks that will usually never get deployed but are there to intimidate opponents lolol

so fellow generals of undeath what say you?

thanks for the reply Darth, as far as i understand it the AGK needs to be the general for the formation buffs to actually work

otherwise you're right i would just use the vamp lord as general instead 

hopefully getting a game in tomorrow night. i'll report back here how it goes if anyones interested?

evening folks,

i had a 100pool game vs Nico and a Tzeentch list (one of the formations from the ever chosen book i believe)

the lists we took are in the South London Legion AoS gaming night thread

we rolled scenario 2 from the scgt pack. nick finished deploying first and gave me the first turn

i camped both my dire wolf units and the hex wraiths on the 3 objectives in my half of the table

moved a unit of blood knights supported by the vamp lord just left of centre to discourage nick moving forward with his marauders/warriors opposite.

thanks to the royal menagerie formation bonus i comfortably made combat with nicks chaos knights turn 1 with BOTH my terrergheists

the AGK on Zdrag and unridden Zdrag moved up behind and the remaining blood knight took the far right flank

nicks dice abandoned him for pretty much the entire game and we called it start of t4 with nick having a spawn and 2 units of warriors left facing a zombie dragon, both units of blood knights the vampire lord coming for him whilst my dire wolves and hex wraiths objective camped all game

the terrorgheists and zombie dragons were brutal!! especially with the re-roll wounds bubble spell from the AGK. they almost single handedly dismantled his list. AND they more importantly contested nicks objectives from the very beginning witch put me ahead on VP's and forced Nick to chase the game a little. 

brilliant game, and I'm very happy with how the list played. hopefully Nico will add his thoughts as well

It was a great game. It was my first outing with a new army and while it has some definite strengths I made some bad mistakes. In my defence, Ben knows Death backwards and has been refining this list for some time. 

I overestimated the effects of double ward saves and other defensive buffs. It was also staggering how bad the effect of having to pile in uphill can be if only some of your models are in combat and they're on large bases. Furthermore I forgot important abilities (especially Chaos Runeshields).

The first turn charge that's possible using the formation is brutal. I should have anticipated that. Above all else I squandered my unit of marauder cavalry, who should have just sat back and fired away, rather than me pushing them into combat on the hope of killing off a wounded Terrorgheist only for Ben to kill all of them in one turn.

Mystical terrain played a big role too (although having it on a large piece in the middle of my deployment zone and a fairly high model count - unit of 27 marauders made it inevitable that something would have to roll.

The Fatesworn Warband is definitely worth a try - I feel it needs something to complement it for added punch (Stormfiends perhaps, since WoC are so lacking in the punch department).  

Anyway - really fun game and well played Ben! A very good club night for South London Legion.

IMG_4382.JPG

IMG_4383.JPG

IMG_4385.JPG

IMG_4386.JPG

IMG_4387.JPG

IMG_4388.JPG

IMG_4395.JPG

IMG_4397.JPG

IMG_4404.JPG

IMG_4405.JPG

IMG_4410.JPG

Archived