A 1500 pts Slave to Darkness army

Skorvan

Hello everyone !

Until now, i was playing a defensive StD army. I always play this way because i don't like to run in the battlefield like a killing machine.
But, last week, i have play against two friend and they completely destroy me. One with ironjawz army (oriented gore-grunta and brutes) and the other with a brayherd/monster army.
So, after these battle, i was thinking about what was wrong and why they beat me and i found some weakness i try, with this new list, to fix.

Allegiance: Slaves To Darkness (For now but maybe change for a god allegiance)
Leaders
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
- General
Chaos Sorcerer Lord On Manticore (200)
Units
15 x Chaos Warriors (270)
-Hand Weapon & Shield
10 x Chaos Chosen (280)
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
-Chaos Glaives
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
-Chaos Glaives
Behemoths
Soul Grinder (280)
- Mark of Chaos :
- Allies
Reinforcement Points (0)
Total: 1490 /1500
Allies: 280 / 400
Leaders: 2/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 2/4 Artillery: 0/4

The idea about with this list is to not be affraid of going into the melee, have mobility and a great support from behind. I explain.

The Chaos Lord Mount is for me one of the best General in the StD profils. He give to my Knights a great boost with his command trait and can assist them greatly (the combination of -1 bravery from Knights and -3 from the Lord is amazing).

The Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore is here to assist my Warrior and Chosen, giving a re-roll save of 1 to one of them and a mystic shield. But he is also here to inflict some mortal wounds with arcane bolt and is own spell. He can inflict some damage with is manticore, especially on is side of the table.

The Chaos Warrior are here to capture and hold and objectif. They are tanky and with some boost can inflict some damage.

The chosen are my damage dealer in close combat. I choose them because they have a permanent rend of -1 on theirs weapon (Warrior can have it with greatblade but ...) and for the boost they give to a unit at 8' if they kill. They can inflict mortal wounds too that Warrior can't.

Two unit of Knights instead of one, why ? Because when Knights are in close combat the turn after they charge, they sucks. With two units, one unit can charge (so benefit the boost for the glaives), retreat when the other charge. With theirs mobility, they can take an objective quickly and maintain a unit far from it with the charge/retreat technic.

The soul Grinder is brutal ... He can be marked, have shoot and melee weapon (all with rend), can run and shoot, move fast, pretty tanky. He has a bonus versus Hero and Monster and can be invocated. He is a masterpiece in my list, he deter ennemy unit to charge without thinking and is a great support for my Warrior/Chosen.

For the allied points, We have arranged that at 1500 pts ((1000 pts + 2000 pts )/2) we can take 300 allied points ((200 pts + 400 pts)/2). It's more a custom rule but it's seems logical for us.

For the allegiance, for now, i choose the StD but I think choose a god allegiance can be very efficient too.

I don't marked them for now because i don't know what to choose. I need to think about the differents boost units can be receive. For exemple, Warrior can receive re-roll save of 1 from Sorcerer and re-roll all failed wound from Chosen, so Khorne seems the good one (re-roll hit of 1).

Thank for your time, Skorvan.

My thoughts. 

• I would love to see the Warriors increased to a unit of 20, gives you two units re-rolling 1s.
  • I would also think about the Godsworn Champions of Ruin detachment, as that second pilein can be gold. 

But they cost you points, and not sure where you would make points savings. 

43 minutes ago, Uveron said:
  • I would love to see the Warriors increased to a unit of 20, gives you two units re-rolling 1s.

I agreed and it's what i was thinking in a 2000 pts army but the problem is if i lost one Warrior, i lost the bonus. In my opinion, it's something a can do only if my Warriors can't keep objectifs but only for that :/

49 minutes ago, Uveron said:
  • I would also think about the Godsworn Champions of Ruin detachment, as that second pilein can be gold.

That would be great, but there is an other problem. It's only work versus Hero and Monster. If it was any ennemy unit, yes, that can be gold. But for 160 points, i prefer take an antihero like Lord of Chaos or Exalted Hero of Chaos or Slambo.

5 minutes ago, Skorvan said:

I agreed and it's what i was thinking in a 2000 pts army but the problem is if i lost one Warrior, i lost the bonus. In my opinion, it's something a can do only if my Warriors can't keep objectifs but only for that :/

That would be great, but there is an other problem. It's only work versus Hero and Monster. If it was any ennemy unit, yes, that can be gold. But for 160 points, i prefer take an antihero like Lord of Chaos or Exalted Hero of Chaos or Slambo.

Both Good Points! (Especial about the 20 Warriors!). 

As for the Batalion, its only triggered by a hero or monster.. pile in and attack can go in other places. Which may be fun for the chosen!  (Also the Battation does give 2nd artifact and allows for a 2 drop list) 

But yes realistically both these options are for a 2000 pt army.   

30 minutes ago, Uveron said:

Both Good Points! (Especial about the 20 Warriors!). 

As for the Batalion, its only triggered by a hero or monster.. pile in and attack can go in other places. Which may be fun for the chosen!  (Also the Battation does give 2nd artifact and allows for a 2 drop list) 

But yes realistically both these options are for a 2000 pt army.   

Yep, i agreed ! But before that, i'm going to build this list and test it for seeing if it's viable enough for playing it.
For the 2000 list points, i will enhance the base list for counter desavantage ^^

Archived