1 sorcerer lord

1 chaos lord 

battle lines:
2 x 5 chaos warriors

1 x 10 warriors

Units:

2 x 5 knights

1 gore beast chariot

clocking in at 1290 let me know what you think bout this list! 

Looks like a good start to me, have you allready decided on which Marks of Chaos to use for which units? Have you also allready considered which Allegiance to use, and thus pick Command Traits, Artefacts and the like?

In any case, the start looks good. I think your well set with the Heroes and would benifit from some more backbone in either Infantry or Cavalry, really that part is up to you to decide.

Cheers,

9 hours ago, TGCMactar said:

hey thx i dont have a ghb 2017 one handy so i am not too sure of the allegiances , so can you fill me in please if convenient? 

No worries, the thing is that Slaves to Darkness has a ton to choose from, currently it can pick Tzeentch, Khorne, Slaanesh, Chaos or Slaves to Darkness Allegiance and they all have a different set of benifits (Artefacts etc). So in any case I'd suggest picking up GH2017 and consider which route to go as they have drastic effects on what can be a great build. 

With Chaos you can basically pick a specific Chaos God which will then open up the doors to exclusive bonusses. In Tzeentch you get great additional magical support and amazing Fate Dice, in Khorne you get great melee combat Artefacts and Blood Tithe, Slaanesh can speed up your army in many ways and adds some real tactical depth in moves while Chaos and Slaves to Darkness are more allround buffs that will have a consistent effect throughout the games. Basically too much to pick from to fill you in on a forum post :) 

5 hours ago, TGCMactar said:

so you can have them in the same army as the gods allegiances without needing to use ally points? sweet!

Yes, it depends on the Allegiance Keyword you pick. If it's a Chaos God Keyword you have a lot of options. The GH2017 isn't extremely clear on this yet but we've seen Keyword relations being confirmed. The only thing is that not every Chaos unit has one of the Chaos God Keywords.

2 hours ago, TGCMactar said:

and can you have my list and go with the start collecting khorne blood bound set and set all units to khorne allowed? if so is it good?

If you pick Khorne as your Allegiance you would indeed be able to mix this all. The benifit is actually really cool aswell as you then gain acces to the Blood Tithe point system and some fantastic Command Traits, Artefacts and Slaughterpriest Prayers.

In the end it all depends on which Chaos God you prefer but there are currently massive benifits to playing either Tzeentch, Khorne or Slaanesh. Nurgle will also be eventually very interesting to play but GW has only given them a Battle Trait and no Command Traits or Artefacts yet.

Archived