My Mathhammer Page, Clever People Required

kiblams

23 minutes ago, Gilby said:

No idea about making websites but my plan in excel was to make all the parameters lookup from a table on another page. So I'd enter the data for the unit regarding it's abilities and stats into the table with the units name at the top and then have a drop down box at the top of the tool limited to the row of unit names. Once I had it all working I'd be able to just choose a unit I've put the values in for already and then only three boxes would be worth looking at; wounds to save, mortal wounds to save and total damage done. It would need a second drop down for the unit doing the saves too. Then I'd look at adding in things like damned terrain, etc. Could just hide most of the clutter then. Probably easier to show than explain it if I ever finish it! :D

I'm guessing you've not had a look at the page linked in my OP? xD

Also; there's no way I'm making  a database of all of the units, too much work and too dodgy on the GW IP front. :)

4 minutes ago, kiblams said:

I'm guessing you've not had a look at the page linked in my OP? xD

I looked! Just meant no idea what you can and can't do so what I might think is easy could be impossible! :P

4 minutes ago, kiblams said:

too dodgy on the GW IP front.

Ah, never thought of that! Good point.

so.... one thing I have deftly avoided in making the page is the quirks of the rerolls and modifiers in AoS, with rerolls being done before the modifiers are applied.

Do you think it would be worth while making the page take these into account?

Thanks again for the feedback guys!

Archived