Question

Hiya I need some help with getting my head around some factions and allies rules. Basically I want to play a pitched battle with some hosts of slaanesh. It says in the new general handbook that chaos daemons aren't listed as an ally option. This seems a bit odd to me anyway, but then in the daemon prince and soul grinder abilities they can join the slaanesh as a faction, adding the keyword as well. Does this mean that hosts of slaanesh can choose them if they then contain the keyword?

I need help as I really find it a bit confusing. I want to know if I can take the models with a slaanesh army legally? But then if it goes to also allowing all of them to benefit from the hosts of slaanesh allegiance? 

2 answers to this question

Host of Slaanesh allegiance is not the same thing as Slaanesh allegiance.

If you go for Host of Slaanesh allegiance (no point at the moment), then you can't have the Daemon Prince or the Soulgrinder as they aren't available as allies to that faction.

Slaanesh allegiance is if your army can claim Slaanesh allegiance; as Slaanesh has no faction table, it can't ally - but luckily all of your units can have the Slaanesh keyword, so you meet the requirement.

There's other stuff behind that, but put simply - if you don't mind only Daemonettes being able to fill your battleline requirements, just do a GA : Chaos force and make sure everything has the Slaanesh keyword.

Yeah the rules are a bit confusing right now, but it's pretty certain that if everything in your army has the Slaanesh keyword you can ignore all the stuff about alliances and factions, and just focus on having the right number of leaders, behemoths, and battlelines. Then you can use the Slaanesh allegiance abilities and everyone in your army will benefit.

It's only when you want to then add in some stuff that doesn't have the Slaanesh keyword that things get confusing.

Archived