Archaon faction query

SlyRebirth

Question

I'm trying to write a list with Archaon (the new one, not the Compendium one). Based on keywords I *think* I can have him embedded in a native Khorne Daemons list, because he has Daemon and Khorne keywords. But in Azyr, he doesn't come up as an option. The *old* compendium one does, but not the new 700pt version. Is this an oversight, or can he just not be taken in a Khorne Daemon allegiance army (and would therefore have to revert to mixed Chaos lists or Everchosen only)? Thanks! EDIT: If I change allegiance to Khorne instead of Daemons of Khorne, it seems to work... does this impact what allegiance abilities/artifacts can be taken in the Blades of Khorne book? Sorry, I suspect I'm being thick, but I'm just a bit confused!

Archaon is part of the Everchosen faction. He can be taken as an ally in a Blades/Daemons of Khorne list, but then can't be your general - although he will be able to benefit from any allegiance abilities that require the KHORNE or DAEMON keywords.

He is available in Daemons of Khorne list - select Leaders, then tap "ALLIES" top right, and he appears under Everchosen.

But as he's 700pts, he's too big to be an ally anyway.

Archived