New Jawz army page....(cool name to follow)

Scottyjock

Decided to push myself in a new direction and start my Ironjawz army with a proper progress blog thread n everything!! Have been playing FEC/Death army for last 6 months, including at 6Nations event in June. Fancy a change of direction though!

Have actually owned a chunk of Jawz since the release last year, and built up & primed grey  a Mawcrusher + MegaBoss, Megaboss on foot, 5 Brutes, 3 Gruntas, Warchanter, Weirdnob Shaman. As we all know though, it's important to sometimes let your models "prove" in a quiet safe place till such time as they are ready for painting xD. Since then I have also hoovered up the Thunderfist big box too for more Brutes. About to fatten up my collection of Ardboyz with 20-30 coming in too now I am restarting this in anger.

As for colours, I have seen a few non-green skin armies about, but I'm a traditional meat and 2 veg man so these will be green! Looking at a fairly weathered look to them, I love the look generally, and should make them quicker to get painted and on the table. Aiming for an deep orange/rusty look I think, but will be hitting it with technical paints and some dinge/silver marks too.

Test Brute started last night very quickly (then realised I had ran out of Aggrax so stopped me in my tracks...) :

image.png.0ab2f115aa882f3b342f420ef4bda936.png 

Not got a list in mind yet, but I do like something with variety of units and some teeth too. Likely a Mawcrusher, Brutes, Boyz, Ironfist core to start with.

Will keep updating with some progress and thoughts....

Archived