2k Mixed Death Horrors

seanafly

This is my current list trying to be as competitive as possible with my Horrors. Any thoughts on the list?

I could use Ghouls in place of the 10 zombies to bring it up to 2000 points? But i liked the idea of 30 zombies joining up :P

Ghoul King on Terrorgeist w/ Cursed Book & Ruler of the Night

Vargulf Courtier

Necromancer

10 Zombies

10 Zombies

10 Zombies

9 Crypt Horrors

6 Crypt Horrors

Mourngul

total: 1960

The zombies seem like the correct choice as they should help improve the survivability of the Necromancer - whereas the ten Ghouls would most likely be destroyed before being replenished by the Varghulf Courier. Since only your Crypt Horrors benefit from a Courtier's replenishment ability is it better to take the Varghulf or Crypt Haunter?

Varghulf is more expensive, but it can deal nasty damage, bring back ghouls on a 2+ and horrors/flayers on a 5+. He also gets nastier if you cast a spell within 18" of him which gives him 2 extra attacks in the combat phase.

not to mention he is a lot more tankier than the haunter courtier and will die less easier than the haunter.

id say definitely keep the varghulf on board and, like you said, keep him safe and hidden utilising his range of movement to your advantage.

Okay new list is as follows after realising losing the Vargulf early is brutal and that 10" death saves sometimes isn't enough.

Ghoulking of Terrorgeist

Vargulf Courtier

Haunter Courtier

Necromancer

40 Zombies

2x 6 Horrors

Mourngul

this gives me more zombies to hold objectives, more regen and death bubble and more heroes for places of power. thoughts?

Archived